Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farewell Beer page

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

So I have been beer-free for about 2 weeks, and I cannot explain the difference this has made on how I feel.

It's Monday, and after replacing beer for red wine and straight JD, I feel amazing. Usually I feel physically strange, like puffy and sluggish until Tuesday, and only start feeling normal and great on Wed afternoon or Thursday. Then Friday comes and the whole cycle starts again. But not anymore. I feel great today and I am loving it.

So farewell my beloved gluten-intensive fermented purees. I'm ditching you permanently for your more primal cousins and I'm not looking back.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Catalina is offline Member

Sounds like a good path, SS. Don't you love it when your body gives you a "No, really. . .here's what I want," and you listen?

Pikaia is offline Junior Member

Try hard cider too!

Mr B Guest

I feel ya on this.

I'd started drinking whiskey again occasionally instead of beer and only having a pint once a week or so.

Did that for a month or so and felt awesome!

Then between last weekend and yesterday I had beer running through an IV and feel like ass.

Time go back to next-to-nothing, it seems.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

It is really amazing. It reminds me a long time ago when I used to think "I could never give up carbs, are you kidding me". What I failed to realize is that, when making the "cost/benefit analysis", I was thinking of giving up something I liked a lot for a the idea of long-term health. I did not foresee feeling great in the short term as part of the benefit, and it makes a huge difference.

I am glad I gave it a shot, because now I know for sure what it feels like and can make a proper before/after comparison.

I wish I knew of a way to properly convey this to some people I know and care about who would benefit so much from the PB but just can't accept the idea of giving pasta or bread away. If they could only experience the difference...

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

emmcubed Guest

Lately, it seems, every time I look at MDA, there is some post speaking directly to me.

I woke up this morning feeling the EXACT same way about my beer consumption. I love the stuff, but in the past few weeks I've been feeling sort of...bleh...after beer.

I will probably not be giving it up completely, but I certainly need to explore alternatives and cut back. Had both red wine and whiskey over Thanksgiving (the whiskey was originally meant for cooking) and both left me with far less of the feeling beer has lately been.

Atomontage Guest

While I congratulate your realizations and better health for cutting beer out of your diet, this thread breaks my heart nonetheless. =( lol

nina_70 Guest

Congrats on the big change! I've never had much of a beer-addiction, but I did used to drink it on occasion and I *have* discovered what a huge impact it has on me. If I drink a beer now (which I did a while back for a delayed October-fest) I get bloating, gas, headache....So, I totally feel you.

I must say that, in general, I've become much more sensitive to "non-Primal" foods since going completely Primal. If I go off the diet and have something processed I immediately feel it now. The "before" and "after" is very distinct.

So, I'm with you. Wish I could properly convey to others how different they would feel if they tried it...

hannahc is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the whiskey lovers camp SS! I prefer a good bourbon on the rocks myself Red wine is alright on occassion, but it's more fun to surprise people with my love for bourbon (or whiskey if that's all that's available) instead. No carbs, and it's great to sip on for a while since it gets even better as the ice melts a bit!

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Mr B Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

^ truth!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast