Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Farewell Beer page 2

nina_70 Guest

I gravitated towards rum myself...a nice, dark, flavorfull rum is a good sipping drink. Or cognac if I have the cash

DebFM is offline Senior Member

Mead (honey wine) and cider are also nice substitutes. Welcome to the beer-free club, SS!

Shazkar is offline Junior Member

Big step. One I do not foresee myself ever taking. But I've certainly cut down on the volume of my beer consumption significantly.

Baglady is offline Junior Member

OMG........SS your talking how I feel 2!

I haven't had a beer in almost a month and I was a huge, HUGE BEER FAN! i don't miss it now. I have wine and seltzer water on ice when I want something fizzy and just wine other times.

I also am finding I am way more sensitive to non primal food. Hubby made gluten free corn bread for me (he is always trying to feed me), so I tried a piece.......ah, let's just say that I will not be doing that again. So I told hubby, thank you so much for trying, however something in them is not agreeable and I wouldn't be eating them again. So SerialSinner I hears you...........I am trying to figure out how to get my loved ones to do for them selves what we are doing for us.

I would have never thunk that I would have ever become a non-beer drinker! not in a million years that is the power of this lifestyle.

Bags
    Primal Since 10/2009

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

Bourbon fan here too... you just can't be living this lifestyle and drinking beer every night. I do go out with my dad and brothers about once a month and drink beer in excess... but i chalk it up to the 80/20

g2baker is offline Member

I'm sitting down having my Rum and enjoying this thread! Cheers! One day after a good night of drinking Rum, I was not hungover like I would be from wine or beer for that matter. AND I was still in Ketosis!

@ Eric "this thread breaks my heart nonetheless" 8) - I too LOVE beer!

Theriomorphos Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I was a voracious beer drinker before bumping on this website and embarking on the paleo-primal lifestyle. Now JD on the rocks does it for me. Even though I have beer now it's once in a while as opposed to having it every weekend in copious amounts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12