Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye and good luck page

PrimalK is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

I've been thinking about this all weekend.

Right now, I'm going through a bit of a transformation - a spring-clean in winter, if you like. I'm part-way through transforming my body thanks to my new eating and living approach. I'm rethinking the way I want my life to progress. I'm going through a lot of spiritual changes. I'm making a lot of new friends. I'm dealing with the things that have been festering for a long time. I'm becoming the me I've always wanted to become.

So, part of this involves not putting up with things that no longer make me happy, or at least re-evaluating them and seeing if the situation can be changed.

I came to MDA after launching myself on an anti-inflammatory eating programme, following some research my personal trainer did with me. So, I was essentially eating primally before I got here. I'd already gone through the tough period and now it's scond nature. I joined the forum because I thought it would be a good place to come to for support, advice and getting in touch with others doing the same thing.

But lately, the atmosphere has definitely changed. I don't feel as if I am getting what I need. Sniping, arguments, over-critical responses to posts... quite frankly, I am not enjoying it any more. Maybe it's me, maybe I've changed, I don't know. I just think that if I was pitching up as a newbie, I wouldn't feel that the forum was such a supportive, welcoming place to be, especially as I know what it was like before.

I understand and have said many times that we are all different, with different needs and different approaches. That's fine. But following my quest of making my life as good as it can be, I won't be joining in here any more, because it doesn't make me happy.

I'll still be eating primally, never fear. That won't change unless my body decides it's not the right thing to do. But for the moment, I'm hanging up my forum hat. I haven't been here long, I probably won't be missed that much. But I felt it was an important thing to explain. I'm quite a tolerant person, but my tolerance level has been exceeded.

Good luck to you all, I hope your PB journey continues well.

JamieBelle is offline Member

I'm always fascinated when people in on-line communities feel compelled to compose Dear John letters to a bunch of people they never really knew anyway.

Just being honest.

Ecala is offline Junior Member

lol, JaimeBelle

Baglady is offline Junior Member

PrimalK,

I have enjoyed having you here. You have helped me so much and made me feel welcome here. I will miss you. Good luck!

Bags

Bags
    Primal Since 10/2009

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

@JamieBelle, I think PrimalK's main intention here was to emphasize how rowdy and argumentative the forum has gotten lately.....

runswithbuffalo is offline Junior Member

PrimalK,

Sorry to see you go, I really appreciated your warm welcome and your great advice!

newbie runswithbuffalo

BlazeKING is offline Senior Member

I'll just make like the Hadza and nod my head..

maba is offline Senior Member

PrimalK, It was nice having you here and reading about your health improvements. I hope your Sciatica improves.

I checked the forum today after being away from it for 4 days and even I'm beginning to feel the way you do. I miss the atmosphere we had when I joined the forum about 5 months ago. People were friendly, gave helpful suggestions, chided you gently if you weren't sticking to your diet, argued passionately if facts supported what they believed. But now, I see people, in what appears to be a deliberate attempt, to completely derail the thread and bringing forth their own agenda. I thought this was the case in just a few threads but I was shocked and utterly disappointed to see the same kind of behavior in whatever thread I checked. I hope the original atmosphere is restored. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against arguments and debates, infact, I'm all for it, but it is very disconcerting when someone reads just the first 2 lines of an article and puts forth his ideas, vehemently defending them and arguing with people who have read the entire article and have science to support them. Excuse my rambling, I guess I didn't want to start a new thread to state how I feel.

I wish you good luck. Good bye.

maranne is offline Senior Member

All the best with your life journey! You will be missed.

M x

misathemeb is offline Member

good luck & be well PK

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast