Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Those of you who eat beef with organ meats ground in (aka pet burger) page

OperaDivaMom is offline Senior Member

Those of you who eat beef with organ meats ground in (aka pet burger)

Primal Fuel
    What does it taste like? Is it something you have to get used to, or is it pretty tasty on its own? My local grassfed meat is way too expensive to buy on a regular basis, but I could easily afford to buy the pet burger stuff!

Zed
    Zed is offline Senior Member
    Never tasted it, but my dog loves them! I give it to him raw, and he shallow it in less than a second. If my dog likes it (he is somewhat of a freckly eater), then it must be good! LOL! . I buy them from a local grassfed farm in New Jersey that do them for dogs and other pets (they also have a lamb+lamb organ patty and other raw meats for pets).

I love beef/beef liver, so I am sure it will taste good. I will try it tomorrow. Thanks for the ideal!
    Last edited by Zed; 06-20-2011 at 05:45 PM.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Wow. New to me! Are these kept as sanitary as the cuts meant for people?

Zed
    Zed is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I don't know about other places, but all the animals in the farm I get them are organic 100% grassfed. "Pet patties" are just patties made with ground meat+organs (sometimes botanicals added). They are kept frozen.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    The place I'm buying them from said they are kept just as sanitary, they do all the processing themselves. They said the only difference is that it's fattier, and it's the "outside" of the meat, which may get a little flavor from the way they age it that isn't as appetizing to some people.

Paleobird Guest
    I buy "dogfood" blends from a company called Grande Natural Meats (website ElkUSA.com) that are delicious. They have blends for a lot of interesting game meats. They swear it is all "human quality " meat plus liver tongue, heart, and kidneys. They just sell it cheaply because most people don't want the offal.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I buy "dogfood" blends from a company called Grande Natural Meats (website ElkUSA.com) that are delicious. They have blends for a lot of interesting game meats. They swear it is all "human quality " meat plus liver tongue, heart, and kidneys. They just sell it cheaply because most people don't want the offal.
    Thanks!! That is the same type of product as the stuff near me is, only it's beef instead of elk/bison/whatever. I think I'll go buy some tomorrow, see what I think, and if I'm ok eating it (either straight or mixed with regular ground beef), I'll stock up while it's still on sale!

landerson22 is offline Junior Member
    try eggs there cheap, than chicken, and ground turkey, would be next cheapest. also try to cook a cow tongue. they are crazy cheap and if you cook them in a crock pot it comes out really good!

onalark is offline Senior Member
    You evil people keep giving me URLs to these sites with meat and meat and meat. o___o

I only have one freezer! She can't hold anymore, captain!

lizzychan5 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've been dying to try USWellness's Pet Burger! I don't want anything else from their site since I can get all that stuff cheaper locally, except for the pet burgers. Its been hard for me to justify buying $75 (minimum requirement for an order) worth of pet burgers when I don't know how they taste, but it sounds delicious. Fattier ground beef + 10% liver and heart... that's way too good for my pets, I want it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast