Thread: Quick Berry Crisp page

Meadow is offline Senior Member

Quick Berry Crisp

Shop Now
    I have experimented with this before, but after tasting this again the other day I decided I had to shore....SO delish, so easy, and I usually have all the ingredients laying around.

The ingredients are a bit of an estimate, you can play with the amounts based on your personal tastes, its pretty flexible.

Individual Berry Crisp

1/4 to 1/2 cup favorite berries, chopped if needed
    Honey to taste (optional)

Topping

1 tablespoon melted butter/coconut oil
    2 tablespoons favorite chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds, sliced almonds, etc)
    1-2 tablespoons almond flour
    1/2 tablespoon dried coconut flakes
    1-2 teaspoons honey (or few drops of stevia)
    dash of cinnamon
    dash of vanilla

In a small saute pan over medium low heat cook berries and honey (if needed) until berries are softened and some juices released, about 5-7 minutes. Add oil to pan if needed to prevent sticking. Pour into an oven safe bowl or ramekin.

Combine all the topping ingredients, spread evenly over the berries.

Place under oven broiler on middle rack until browned. I topped with coconut ‘creamer’ just before serving, or use your favorite dairy or dairy substitute.

______

Here is my daily video journal where I made the crisp.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    I have a similar recipe, and it does make a delicious crisp.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    I also posted one a while back (similar) that I used as a strawberry rhubarb crisp. I didn't use any sweetener (which I was worried about with the rhubarb) but it came out fantastic. I think my topping was a 1 cup of chopped nuts/nut flours and half a stick of butter with a generous helping of cinnamon. That was it! And it was tasty.

Mine was for a full pie plate, but I like your idea of the individual crisps. I think it would look prettier to serve. Also, I like your idea of coconut in the topping. Yummm!