Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bowel Movement Help page 3

strom is offline Senior Member

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Colonics can interfere with the bacterial health of the colon; plus, it is just contrary to the purpose of the lower GI tract.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

moonablaze is offline Senior Member
    Miralax is NOT like traditional laxatives, it given 3-4 months of CONSISTENT use it can actually retrain the body to retain more water in the stool. a three month course of Miralax is now standard-of-care for chronic constipation. The biggest problem with it is getting people to KEEP TAKING IT (or giving it to their kids) long enough to make the change happen because people mistakenly assume they will become dependent on it like other laxatives.

however, I agree, this is a talk-to-the-doctor situation. Eating Disorders Recovery - Laxative Abuse - Eating Disorders Facts

ozbuckley is offline Senior Member
    It seems like majority of colon cleanse programs are vegetarian based... lots of fruit ... and also contain long periods of fasting. I found a book by a lady who aligns bowel cleansing and eating very primally as well. The book is called:

Ten Days to Optimal Health: A Guide to Nutritional Therapy and Colon Cleansing
    By Kristina Amelong

You might wanna check it out!

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    Colonics can interfere with the bacterial health of the colon; plus, it is just contrary to the purpose of the lower GI tract.
    YES. at the same time you must start somewhere. I did those 10 in 5 weeks. Never had another one.

think about a infested house. you can clean it all you want but at some point you must use RAID
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

yeah mirolax doesn't make me go anymore or faster, just makes it much easier to expel. I did not know that it can retrain your body to hold water.

New Cave Lady here is offline Junior Member
    There was a doctor is a newspaper column talking about constipation. He gave one good receipe. He said they use it in nursing homes for older
    people and it works great. Mix equal amounts of apple sauce, prune juice and bran or 100% bran cerial if you can't find regular bran. Eat a couple
    big spoonfuls every day. Eat it like a pudding.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    What does he think "too long" is?
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

HillsideGina is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Toad, while forums like this are a great place to share info and experiences, there are some questions that need to be directed to a physician. This is one of them. Too many missing variables anyway - how did the guy get into this dependency, what is his diet, does he take any prescription meds, etc. Also, seems like when folks post a quick question about a complicated issue on a public forum, they are looking for a magic bullet, and are hiding a whole lot of background and facts. I've been active on several forums on the web since you were knee-high to a dachshund - you will start to see patterns of forum behavior that repeat.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast