Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First day of going Primal and doing the Primal Blueprint fitness workout page

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member

First day of going Primal and doing the Primal Blueprint fitness workout

Primal Fuel
    decided to give the PB fitness bodyweight workout a try. All i can say is Bodyweight workouts are no joke! Im only a level 1 on all the exercises but its been 3 hours and my legs still feel like jelly!

i go to the gym every once and a while and ride my bike pretty regularly so i do exercise somewhat regularly but i cant remember a workout wearing me out this badly! the cool thing about it is, except for pullups, you can do it just about anywhere. i plan on building a pull up bar at home so i wont have to go to the gym to workout anymore!

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!

Yup, the PB workout rocks! Been doing it since I went Primal in November.

i am still sore. seems strange to be sore this quickly. hopefully i didnt hurt something

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on starting the PB!

Don't worry - you're not hurt! Your body is just not used to this type of training. Give it a couple days to wear off and then hit it again. You will get much stronger during the first few weeks if you keep it up.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

TomM1026 is offline Junior Member
    Yea and keep track of your progress. It's great to look back at a month of workouts and see your numbers increasing and exercises becoming more difficult.

Also for pull ups, I have an Iron Gym pull up bar. When I got it 2 years ago it was like 30 bucks and once you put it together you can put it on any door frame without leaving marks and such.
    My blog - FitandFree.net - Live Healthy. Be Awesome.

thanks guys!

i thought about the door mount bars but it seems i exceed the weight limit on the ones i looked at. plus there isnt any suitable door ways in our house. ive found quite a few DIY ideas online so it shouldnt be a problem making one

Sanctus Real is offline Senior Member
    I know what you're saying... I totally love it, too. Of course, I'm still going to go to the gym; I know it sounds stupid, but it's like a crutch for me. I cannot focus on what I'm doing at home, always get distracted.
    Motherhood: When changing from pj pants to yoga pants qualifies as 'getting dressed'.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    I built a "pull up station" in my garage with eye hooks through a beam and home made handles (more than 2 spots so I could do different grips).

I also bought a pair of truck tie down straps and use them to do bodyweight rows and gymnastics ring work... pretty much like a suspension trainer.

Don't just build a pullup bar... think ahead

Total cost was less than $20.00

well im on day 4 of going primal. my muscles are still sore but i think maybe are getting a ittle better. its so weird, i have had sore muscles before from working out but they usually are gone in a day or two but these just keep bothering me. last night my thighs hurt so bad i could barely sit down. going down a flight of stairs brings tears to my eyes. if it was just my quads that hurt i would understand but its like almost every muscle is sore. my biceps, forearms, quads, calves, back and abs are all sore. i swear i didnt work out that hard, it has to be something else. maybe i caught the flu or something, or maybe its part of carb/sugar withdrawl??
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What you are describing is totally normal for PB fitness newbies. It sucks in the beginning, but your body will get much better at recovering eventually. Stay the course. Your will is being tested - try not to get discouraged!
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast