Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women 50 and over page

gdimmick2000 is offline Junior Member

Women 50 and over

Primal Fuel
    So I have been doing the Primal thing for about 6 weeks....love it so far...I have not gotten as far into the exercise as I would like.Just wondering if there are other middle aged 50 something women out there doing this.If so....how's it going?

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Post into this thread (and read it too!) http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread19095.html
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

ScottJames is offline Junior Member
    I have seen many women over 50 and they looked pretty and fit.

Hello gdimmick2000,

I am a women slighly over 50. Been Primal for 5 weeks now and lost 8 lbs (weighing myself once a month so could be more). No problems on the eating side - never hungry. I need to do more exercise though, which is my goal this month. Glad you are here.

goldengrokette

Dear Belinda,

Thanks for posting the Gals over 50 thread! I was not aware there was one :-)

goldengrokette

Julka is offline Junior Member

I'm over 50 too!

It's good to see women over 50 doing this. I am 58 and my husband, also 58 and I have been eating this way for just over 4 weeks. It started out south beach diet, but once I saw some of the recipes I knew it would not work for us. So I modified the south beach and we turned down the Primal Path--it has been a great experience actually. My husband really needed to loose the fat around the middle and the weight has been coming off slowly but very steadily. He looks to be in fighting shape. I feel great too and the dress I bought for my daughter's August wedding fits like a dream now. I hope it isn't too big for me come August-- I am appreciative of the timing of this --we are moving cross country and are having to do most of the packing ourselves, we are definitely lifting heavy things. I have had some days where the anxiety of the move has set the snack monster loose, but even with that (had some ice cream today) I don't feel bad about it. In fact, I rather enjoyed it. So if you ever "slip up" don't fret. Mark's site and the forum is a real help.

Hello Ladycarnivore,

Nice to meet you. Always good to see other girls our age :-) Glad you are here. Congratulations on you wonderful success, it is very inspiring.

Goldengrokette

brighthorse is offline Senior Member
    Hi all-
    I just turned 50 and have been primal for last 6 weeks. I have lost 15 pounds. I am exercising alot because I am going on a hunting trip in South Dakota with my brothers, nephews, son-in-law and oldest grandson. I don't want to be the old woman in the croud saying "hey guys...wait up" LOL!

I think I am allergic to wheat because I feel great with no upset stomachs or anything.

Good luck to all of us!!

tumbleweed is offline Member
    Hi from me, too. I'm 54 and have been primal for a couple of months. I'm losing about a pound a week with moderate exercise and being very strict about what I eat. I'm loving this lifestyle...I can manage to eat less without my blood sugar level crashing, and I haven't had any cravings at all. I hope it is as easy for you as it has been for me so far.

Tea and Cake is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Hi from me too, will join you over in the other thread!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast