Thread: Anyone Own the Inov 8 Bare Grip 200's? page

Meadow is offline Senior Member

Question Anyone Own the Inov 8 Bare Grip 200's?

Primal Fuel
    Just curious if anyone owns these and if so, do they tend to run a little small? Also, do you find the tread to be too 'aggressive' or tall?

I am a small footed woman and just having a hard time finding a good minimalistic off trail shoe for very vertical sometimes harsh terrain. Most of the ones with a decent tread are men's only, or like the Inov 8, unisized only down to 6.5 for women. I might be able to get away with a thick sock and the 6.5 if they run a little small.

(by the way, vibrams just don't work for this, I tear holes in between the toes on this type of terrain, and all models have the same fabric between the toes)

bobbitt81 is offline Senior Member
    I can't speak to these, but I have f-lite 230's. I got them a size bigger than I normally do, and they fit perfectly. They're pretty narrow, which I think is good for the shoe, but it mad them feel too small at first.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbitt81 View Post
    I can't speak to these, but I have f-lite 230's. I got them a size bigger than I normally do, and they fit perfectly. They're pretty narrow, which I think is good for the shoe, but it mad them feel too small at first.
    That's good, narrow and small would be perfect. Might order them in the morning through Zappos or something like that since returning is easy.

So I went ahead and bought the Inov-8 Baregrip 200's. They are a BIT too big as I suspected, but with a padded sock I think I can pull it off.

I hit a nearby trail for a short trial and breaking them in a bit before heading up to the mountains. So these are just my initial thoughts.

Positives:
    -Love the ground feel and flexibility, they really are as minimalistic as they can be with an aggressive off trail tread
    -So far pretty comfortable and form fitting, but have not gone longer then 1.5 miles in them so far
    -Tread works GREAT on loose gravel and steep inclines, cannot wait to try them on the tundra like terrain at high altitude

Negatives:
    -Well, lack of smaller size for women and no color choices, but this is a pretty specific shoe with probably lower demand
    -Tread is very flexible, but I am a bit worried this will cause quick wear, so will keep use to just when I need them
    -With the larger tread you need to be careful when planting your foot on the edge of a hard surface like a boulder or fallen tree

All in all though, I think these shoes are going to fit the bill. Will update how it goes in the mountains.

If you are interested, here is my daily video journal where I hit the trail, and the video where I go over the positive and negatives.
    Here is my review video

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Check out the New Balance Minumus series. I know they make women's styles and sizes.