Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leptin Diet and exercise page

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member

Leptin Diet and exercise

Shop Now
    So, to those doing the Mastering Leptin Diet/ Dr. Kruse recommendations:

In Mastering Leptin he talks a lot about how walking at a comfortable rate for 1-2 hours 3 days a week can make a huge impact on restoring leptin sensitivity. He recommends doing it fasted, best first thing in the morning, and to not eat afterwards until you receive a hunger signal.

Well, that all sounds fine and could be scheduled easily while doing my old IF. However, how can this possibly work while still having breakfast first thing? It seems like one or the other.

Today is day 4 on this diet for me and I'm down a few pounds (although not yet out of my normal range of fluctuation), I have that acetone "I'm losing weight" feeling all day long, even though my foods and calories are the same as before. My previously fabulous sleep has turned to insomnia, nightmares and wakefulness, combined with waking earlier (making it now easier to actually get in 3 meals, instead of the 2 I was trying to do). In general I don't feel as good, but my weight is moving so far. I'm going to stick with it and see if this is just part of my hormones getting realigned and balanced. I can see how that can take some time and be uncomfortable at first.

Anyway, so is anyone else on the Leptin Diet doing the long walks, especially in a fasted state? And if so, how have you scheduled your exercise and meals to do so?

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    I would never put exercise before blood chemistry, but that is just due to my own (n=1) past experience.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    PaleoMom is he saying to do the exercise during the 8 week leptin reset?

Quote Originally Posted by DFH View Post
    I would never put exercise before blood chemistry, but that is just due to my own (n=1) past experience.
    He was saying to do the exercise to help aid in improving blood chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    PaleoMom is he saying to do the exercise during the 8 week leptin reset?
    Yes, and that it is a major way to make the process go a lot faster.

I guess to clarify, he says that 1-2 hours of walking is ideal, however it should be tailored to individuals. The exercise should feel energizing and refreshing. If it doesn't then slow down or do less, but the more you're able to do comfortably, the faster and easier fixing leptin sensitivity will be.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    He recommends walking fasted 3 days per week so on those days eat when you get the hunger signal after your exercise and not 30 minutes after waking up. Will you be doing it? I've got a treadmill and really enjoy walking on it. Its winter here so better to exercise indoors for me.

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Well, part of the issue (I haven't read the book, so I don't know how big an issue - I've just been following Dr. Kruse and you guys online) is that you are dealing with two different sets of guidelines. Dr. Kruse didn't write Mastering Leptin. Byron J. Richards and Mary Guignon Richards wrote Mastering Leptin.

Sounds like maybe they have slightly different approaches.

Today was a weight lifting day. I did that as soon as I woke and ate right after, I was hungry right after, that was conveinient. Then a few hours later I got on the treadmill and walked slowly for half and hour before I could feel fatigue setting in (I have fatigue trouble with exercise that isn't weight lifting). I tried going even slower, but that is just as long as I'm able to go at this time and have it still feel "refreshing" as he says.

So I guess so far I haven't really followed what he said for the exercise. I guess part of my question is also that because of my fatigue I don't think I could even do 30 minutes of slow walking if it was first thing in the morning and before breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by brahnamin View Post
    Well, part of the issue (I haven't read the book, so I don't know how big an issue - I've just been following Dr. Kruse and you guys online) is that you are dealing with two different sets of guidelines. Dr. Kruse didn't write Mastering Leptin. Byron J. Richards and Mary Guignon Richards wrote Mastering Leptin.

Sounds like maybe they have slightly different approaches.
    Yep, and they both think their way works. Which probably means that we have some flexibility and have a bit of wiggle room between the two systems.

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    Yep, and they both think their way works. Which probably means that we have some flexibility and have a bit of wiggle room between the two systems.
    I'm pretty much counting on it. I have a wife, 3 kids, and a job to juggle along with getting all my grokky sh*t straight. That said, is it wrong that I give Dr. Kruse's method more weight simply because he's not as creepy?

(Have you ever seen the other guy on YouTube? Between the cue cards and his stilted fakesincere manner he just kinda weirds me out).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast