Thread: Holy Crow! That's one heck of a meal page

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member

Holy Crow! That's one heck of a meal

Primal Fuel
    Well, it seems that I've eaten my entire day's worth of calories and protein in one meal.
    I was craving beef ribs and had 4 broiled with no seasonings for breakfast.
    According to Cron-o-meter, that's 1640.5 calories(109%) and 93.3g(104%) of protein.
    It was totally worth it and I'm ok with not eating for the rest of the day.

My jaw drops when I think back to the days when I would put away twice that many, while covered in corn syrup BBQ sauce.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Are you sure you're calculating that right? It almost sounds the calories etc for four servings (like multiple ribs), not four ribs.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Well, it was about 4oz of meat on each rib. I weighed the bone before and after eating. About 16oz of fatty beef.
    When I input the same weight for other beef cuts, it comes out to about 1200+.
    I don't think the numbers are off by too much.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Yum! This is basically how I eat most days--One huge meat meal (with veggies as condiments) and some dessert for carbs.

I balance the muscle meat with homemade jello (for the gelatin) and liver paté or eggs on the other days...

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Haha, my lunch salads are usually 1400 calories. I just finished eating one with about 5 cups of romaine, a cucumber, half a pound of beef and a quarter pound of pepperoni with some cheddar cheese, oil and vinegar. I still seem to be dropping body fat. I wish people would understand that a "calorie" is a unit of thermodynamic energy that applies to steam engines. The body is a chemical engine, and they don't apply properly. It's like licks it takes to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop. It kinda depends on the person and how big each lick is, right?
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

PrimalCon New York
    True
    I'm more concerned about the amount of protein - since I'm trying to regulate my blood sugar level. Eating too much protein or carbs will make it raise. If I get real hungry later, I'll just have an avocado or two(they're small).