Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did Grok ever wanna stick his finger down his throat? page

Izzylu is offline Senior Member

Did Grok ever wanna stick his finger down his throat?

Primal Fuel
    So I've been watching my calorie intake for about a month now after being strict primal since October. I started out aiming for 1800 (that was the goal when I ate SAD and still struggled) but after a couple of days realized, when eating whole foods, I really only needed between 1200-1400. Amazing how much food you can eat when you're not trying to squeeze in the crap!!! Any way... yesterday I decided I would let it go... eat as much as I want while still keeping it primal of course. I finished up the night eating half a container of coconut milk ice cream (primal except for the agave). I felt like I wanted to throw up... amazing how our bodies adapt in such a short amount of time! I recorded it all in fit day this morning... 2700 calories. 167 carbs. NOTHING for some people! I love that this lifestyle has put me in touch with my body and what it needs to function at it's highest level! I love that I got the disgusting feeling and I can remember that the next time. So grateful to have found this community!
    Strong is the new Skinny!

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Pretty amazing isn't it! I'm always surprised how much differently my body reacts to things that were "normal" just a while ago.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I don't know how amazing that is. How much fat was in that half container of coconut milk ice cream? Too much fat all at once will make anyone sick.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Certainly people living in small-scale societies will over-eat on occasion. For example Indians on the American east coast used to have big feasts, actually including competitive eating. From memory, I think this included both Iroquoians and Algonkians. The former would have had more food on hand, but both must have been over-supplied at times. Francis Parkman said that it was sometimes a cause of fatalities (as, at the other extreme, was starvation). I think much of Parkman's information came from notes taken by French Jesuits, who, he says, were indefatigable and precise note-takers, because they wished for conversions and saw accurate knowledge of a people as an indispensable preliminary to conversion of them.

Since the Palaeolithic Age comprises such a vast stretch of time one would think almost any human behaviour must have come up at one time or another in some community. So I expect some people somewhere overate sometimes, and it may even have been enshrined as a deliberate social practice in custom.

mm84321 is offline Senior Member
    Why would "Grok" stick his finger down his throat? And why do you care?

Well, Grumpy, considering that I used to eat an entire container of Ben and Jerry's after eating a cheeseburger and fries and it was no big deal, I think it's amazing.

And mm84321, why are you even on here making rude comments on something that is a positive thing?

mm84321 is offline Senior Member
    I simply asked a question; I did not make any comments. I am just curious.

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Coconut milk makes me feel sick too.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzylu View Post
    Well, Grumpy, considering that I used to eat an entire container of Ben and Jerry's after eating a cheeseburger and fries and it was no big deal, I think it's amazing.
    Are you saying you never got the full feeling in the past and used to stick your finger down your throat? Now you don't as you know when to stop. Did you eat that amount just to see how far you can go with the calories?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast