Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do some of these fallacies come from? page

faithy22 is offline Member

Where do some of these fallacies come from?

Primal Fuel
    I have a friend that's doing Eat for Life (or something like that). She's eating only fruits and veggies for 6 weeks. Corn is ok (great idea). So of course I asked about protein. She claimed that broccoli has more protein per calorie than steak does. If you google it, you find pages and pages of people claiming this same statement. Crazy people. I looked it up on several nutrition sites, 100 cal of steak is about 16g of protein, 100 calories of broccoli is only about 11g of protein. So unhealthy!!

Grave_Girl is offline Junior Member
    People don't like to think; they like to be told what to believe. It was in a book, a real, printed book, so surely it's correct! You can't just print anything. Heaven forbid anyone should actually take the ten seconds to plug the foods into a nutrition program. That person who told 'em that was probably wearing a lab coat, too. If you can't believe someone in a lab coat, whom can you believe?
    I am: Old enough to know better (and to care). Mother to girls. Way too serious about a number of things. Chronic producer of tl;dr posts.

TomM1026 is offline Junior Member
    I've heard of fruits and veggies for a few days as sort of a reset fast. But 6 weeks? Come on where's the fat?

Even if you do get protein from some veggies you better be eating a lot of avocado or else you'll get like zero fat.

It makes me think about how ridiculous veganism seems from the primal perspective.
    My blog - FitandFree.net - Live Healthy. Be Awesome.

faithy22 is offline Member
    I understand that to most people my eating is extreme as well. What I don't understand, though, is how it's acceptable for those people to cut out an entire nutrient (fat) which is completely essential.

Hammermill is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grave_Girl View Post
    People don't like to think; they like to be told what to believe. It was in a book, a real, printed book, so surely it's correct! You can't just print anything. Heaven forbid anyone should actually take the ten seconds to plug the foods into a nutrition program. That person who told 'em that was probably wearing a lab coat, too. If you can't believe someone in a lab coat, whom can you believe?
    This is so true on so many levels.
    Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
    -Paul the Apostle, 1 Cor 6:19-20

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    People, including us, are looking for answers to the correct diet for health. I think, based on personal experience and knowledge as well as so many posts on this site, that we have found the answer, but others are still searching. Unfortunately, so many people are hindered by a reliance on CW. I hope they find the way.

denbro01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike in Virginia View Post
    People, including us, are looking for answers to the correct diet for health. I think, based on personal experience and knowledge as well as so many posts on this site, that we have found the answer, but others are still searching. Unfortunately, so many people are hindered by a reliance on CW. I hope they find the way.
    Well said!

peril is offline Senior Member
    So to get your 50g protein for breakfast, you'd only have to eat 1.7kg (about 4lb) of broccoli. I might stick to the steak
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

maurile is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TomM1026 View Post
    I've heard of fruits and veggies for a few days as sort of a reset fast. But 6 weeks? Come on where's the fat?
    Apples have more fat per calorie than bacon does.

maurile is offline Senior Member
    On a serious note, I don't think six weeks without protein or fat would cause too many problems. I know someone who did the Master Cleanse for 48 days with no apparent negative health effects, and eating bananas and sweet potatoes is probably better than just drinking lemonade and maple syrup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast