Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to deal with pimples page

PillowFire is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

16 years old and had minor pimple problems since puberty. Wondering how to deal with it in a primal-way as conventional creams aren't getting rid of them. No matter how much I try I can't fully get rid of them.

Eegah is offline Junior Member

Assuming you have taken wheat, sugar and vegetable oils out of your diet, you could try coconut oil.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Dr. Cordain, originator of the term "paleo diet", has a whole book on the subject.

http://www.dietaryacnecure.com/

Edit: Double post sorry.

Eegah-Yeah, I have been eating wholesome primalish foods for more something like a year now. Practically no wheat (maybe one slice of bread or two with caviar or something every once in a while) or grains in general. I even started taking fish oil supplements recently. The only thing is that I eat a smoothie on most days made mostly from fresh berries such as blueberry, blackberry, strawberry, and a banana mixed with heavy whipping cream and some organic milk. That and a few non-primal treats. No chemicals or anything in them, these are less sugary dark chocolate or a few Russian foods that are made with real ingredients and much less sugar than American foods. Though the extra sugar and carbs really do not add up to much in a day. It's less than a single serving of any of them which already have a small amount in a serving to begin with. I'm now trying to get rid of that as well.

OnTheBayou-Looking into it right now. Thanks.

lbd
    lbd is offline Junior Member

My daughter only has acne problems when she ingests dairy. Milk and soft cheeses seem to produce more than hard cheeses. If you are consuming a lot of dairy, you might want to cut it back (or out) for a few days and see what happens.

My parents also tell me that. Meaning I should cut the smoothies. I'll try it. As for the book dietary cure for Acne, I can't get it right now as I am broke. There's a few other books I want to buy as well, so could anyone sum up what's allowed and what's not? I read the sample 13 pages that were provided and it mentioned keeping carbs, sweets, and fats down in a quote from a researcher back in the 1930's. Yet I thought the point of PB was that fats, esp. from animal and vegetable sources, are good?

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

If you still want your smoothies you can use coconut milk instead of dairy.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

billman89 is offline Member

i had really bad acne and eating well combined with good products pretty much took care of it.

im on the fence with dairy, because honest i remember consuming tons of it during the clearest periods of my life, yet sometimes i feel it is the culprit.

i read somewhere that we all have acne thresholds, and once you cross it is when you break out.

are you sure it's acne and not staph? you'd be surprised how many people confuse the two and it ends disastrously. staph bacteria needs a completely different treatment and can be disguised as recurrent acne.

I don't think so. The are just regular red spots that periodically form white heads.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast