Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm in... 30 DAYS HERE I COME!!! page

Better Each Day Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

So here is my story. After being a vegetarian almost turned raw vegan/fruitarian for 6 years I recently discovered that maybe just maybe I was headed down the wrong path. After reading sooooo much information, everything seemed to lead me to be a vegetarian which included cleanses, fasting, points of only eating fruit and far too much of it, to eating then eating a bunch of garbage carb loaded processed foods all while searching for health. It really turned into a yo-yo type scenario where I would eat healthy, but then it was like my body was craving something else, so I ended up eating junk and defeating my goals of health and being lean and fit.

Needless to say, I started to think more about the people around me, who ate animal products and began to notice that they were very healthy and seemed to have balance within their diets.

I started to think about brain health, and deficiencies, and excess fat, and fatigue, and how really I hadn't changed one bit since embarking as a vegetarian. That's when i realized there must be some other way. Oddly enough, it was a girl from a raw forum that lead me to this new lifestyle through a book which i still must read titled Primal Body Primal Mind. Researching Nora Gedgaudus and her podcasts is what then lead me to MDA.

I am so excited to have found this as it really makes sense. I really like how it is a lifestyle that can be obtained every single day no matter where you are. Now I know for some this may seem tough in social situations, but I must say this will be far easier than trying to pull off eating like a raw vegan at a family gathering.

So far I have only tried eating seafood since re-introducing flesh back into my diet, and for now that is all that i really seem drawn to. I think i will enjoy including eggs back in and for some reason steak seems appealing to me too. I think that gound beef and pork and chicken and turkey will have to stay on the side lines for a while...just don't seem appealing at all. And i think I will include Feta and very little amounts of cheese but only for special occasions.

Now I am not overweight, yet i know i need to lean out as being a vegetarian made me have this skinny fat flabby look. I am female, 5'10 and weigh 145lbs. I feel my best at 135 so i have a little ways to go still. All in time. I am done with quick fixes. I am looking for something long term, so I hope i have come to the right place.

My 30 day Challenge will begin on November 29, 2009.

I will journal everyday my food intake and my exercise. Every Sunday i will post my weight. and every week i will post a picture.

Wish me luck

Atomontage Guest

Good luck! Hope this works out for you. Personally, since going primal, I feel like a brand new individual. I no longer suffer from the daily sugar crashes, I no longer feel bloated and I have the energy of a kid again. Each story and example I read in Mark's book rang true in my life and I kept thinking, "Yeah, that's exactly how I feel when I eat X! Yeah, that's exactly what happens to me when I exercise like Y!" and so forth.

If you have any questions along the way, the forum members are incredibly supportive and helpful. And be sure to browse through the recipes: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/category/recipes/ maybe you'll find something that makes ground beef, pork, chicken and turkey sound appealing. =)

groquette is offline Senior Member

Good luck!

PrimalK is offline Junior Member

Yes, welcome and good luck. It sounds like you're good at listening to your body, which in my own experience, is half the battle.

Better Each Day Guest

First day Primal and it felt AWESOME!!!!!!! Well yesterday i was primal too, but today i am counting as my first.

Yesterday:

Exercise:

10 min incline walk

10 min jog

15 pushups flip and reach

2 minute plank x2

20 squats

50 lunges

IF for 18 hours

Dinner: salmon and tuna sauteed in butter

Day ONE:

6 mile run with sprints mixed in

50 pushups

50 squats

Lunch: Blended Strawberries

Dinner: Salad - 2 hard boiled eggs, 1.5 cups of mixed greens, fresh basil, 1/2 cup blackberries, 1/2 cup pomegranate, 3 tomatoes, 3 dill pickles, 2 avocados

I feel fantastic so far. I know it's only day 1, but i feel like I am much more focused and satisfied. I can't wait to see what kind of strength I gain and how I lean out.

go_ginger_go Guest

Welcome! You're off to a great start.

Better Each Day Guest

Thanks ginger. It's crazy how full i am still! Although i did have a few spoonfuls of almond butter so that may be why. I feel a little dehydrated so i'm going to up the water as my body get's used to all this new protein and fat.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

wow, salmon AND tuna in butter for dinner? That sounds awesome.

I think I have some tuna in the freezer... maybe I should thaw it. Tried to find salmon but the store only had this weird thing - "wild alaskan salmon" which was then sent to China for processing and de-boning. WTF????

And yeah, eating more fat + protein leads to feeling ACTUALLY satisfied for way longer. Isn't it amazing. I feel bad for all the low-fat carb bunnies who don't get to experience this... I remember that feeling. Counting calories, planning out my next mini-meal (every 2 hours), etc. It was very unhealthy - mentally and physically.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

kallen Guest

I love this enthusiasm :-) Just had to say that.

Better Each Day Guest

Yeah the salmon and tuna was awesome FlyNavyWife.

Oh and thanks for the great encouragement everyone.

Early Lunch:

BIG SALAD - 1 Avocado, raspberries, pomegranate, lettuce, basil, tomatoes

Early Dinner -

2 hard boiled eggs.

3 pieces of raw wild salmon sashimi, 3 pieces of toro sashimi, seaweed salad, miso soup.

Snack - Almond Butter with Blackberries and raisins.

EXERCISE

3 mile run (split into 1 mile at a time... exercises in between)

30 second Plank/knee to chest exercises (X3)

10 burpees

25 pushups

50 stepups

50 step up over and cross on bench

I think i need to get back onto Nutridiary and count up my carbs. I still feel great but i have a feeling I am up too high for weight loss. So far i am loving adding in fish to my diet. And eggs seemed to workout just fine too

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast