Thread: Journal of a slow adapting guy page

chrisp is offline Junior Member

Journal of a slow adapting guy

Primal Fuel
    I read up on Marks way of living about two months ago and i mostly read instead of doing or changing my way. With 185cm and 118kg and constantly feeling tired, with no energy i knew i had to change...

As i said i am a lazy guy but i did make some changes, first the fitness part,

I live in the third floor i decided never to use the elevator again but use the stairs instead
    so thats free exercise at least twice a day

I decided to never use the car when i can do it by foot or by bike, i made a 2 km radius my walking zone (so shopping errands, visiting friends etc..) and a 6km radius my biking zone, i stuck to this ever since..

I am a passionate fishermen and usually fished trolling (trolling is a method of fishing where a fishing lines, baited with lures or bait fish, are drawn behind a moving boat) of course i used just like everyone else an electric motor to do that, i switched to actually rowing, thats usually twice a week about 4 hours each free exercise (that gets me often fish)

I am also slow to implement the primal eating, however i managed so far to cut out completely bread
    havent had a slice in 2 months, i also cut out suger for my coffee, candy bars, and soft drinks i only drink water, (i never drank alcohol).

I managed to cut out completely pasta and rice, however i do eat once in a while boiled potatoes, i probably eat too much fruit and starchy vegetables but i am getting there...

I managed to cut out once a week two meals completely (dinner and the following day breakfast)

I know i am not even close to primal, but i take it step by step and pick first stuff that i know i can handle easier, so far i lost in 2 months 7 kilograms = 15.4 pounds without really much trouble, the more important thing however is that i am much more aware about my body and his needs, thanks Mark and the community...

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Hey, it sounds like you are doing well. Some people jump right in, whole hog. I took it slow and I am doing fine. So are you. Just keep on Grokking. You'll get there.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.