Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RE: Something is just NOT working.... page

jammies is offline Senior Member

RE: Something is just NOT working....

I am very frustrated today....I am feeling like total crap again!

I have pretty bad rheumatoid arthritis and with it comes severe fatigue. Through primal diet and medication I had really gotten to the point where I was feeling quite good. The last two weeks or so though my energy is plummeting again. Today is horrible, I had to talk myself in to getting out of bed for a shower and an appointment to fix my car and walk the dog. Then came home and went to sleep again for a few hours. I am still exhausted and haven't even made it to work yet.

I am back to dreading all my social events as well. I have two parties tomorrow and want to cancel both. Plus i have to make food to bring to them which is overwhelming when I am so tired. It can be hard to explain this kind of fatigue to healthy people - but it is truly overwhelming. Even if someone offered me a trip to Hawaii with Brad Pitt, I'd still just rather sleep

I have added quite a lot of coconut to my diet. Pre-primal I always felt like coconut made me tired - but I had added some in without a problem since going primal. Maybe I just can't tolerate it? If so, what the heck would cause that?

I do a low lectin version of primal - very limited dairy, nuts and eggs, no nightshades. I am getting sick of eliminating food groups.

Sorry to so negative. I love primal and it has helped me immensely. Something has gotten off track though and I NEED to figure it out soon.

Thanks!

ETA: I should mention that I do a very simple version of primal. I don't limit carbs or calories and just eat based on appetite. I usually IF from about 6 pm to 11 am. I eat meals mostly of meats and veggies with some added fat. I have fruit, dark chocolate, and butter daily.

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Are you exposed to secondhand smoke at all lately? Tobacco is another nightshade. And for what it's worth, Brad Pitt puts me to sleep too. Hope you figure out what's going on.

Have you switched coconut oils? Maybe from expeller pressed to *extra virgin* or vise versa. Dunno if that would matter, but maybe . . .

Quote Originally Posted by brahnamin View Post
    Are you exposed to secondhand smoke at all lately? Tobacco is another nightshade. And for what it's worth, Brad Pitt puts me to sleep too. Hope you figure out what's going on.

Have you switched coconut oils? Maybe from expeller pressed to *extra virgin* or vise versa. Dunno if that would matter, but maybe . . .
    Thanks for the feedback. I had NO idea tobacco was a nightshade.....no wonder I felt horrible all those years as a bartender! No exposure lately though.

I have however just switched to Nutiva coconut oil. It is the first brand I've tried that I actually like the taste of and have been eating a lot more of it. I also switched to a frozen brand of coconut milk which is really a coconut cream. So I have two new sources of coconut fat. You think that could really be it?

Hmmm....maybe the miracle food that gives every one else tons of energy doesn't work for me? This will be sad....I am in LOVE with this frozen coconut cream. But I need my energy back.

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    I wish I had specific information about *how* the coconut oils might be effecting you. Just took note that you perceived coconut as tiring agent and fresh coconut oil like Nutiva is going to be more *coconutty* than an expeller pressed coconut oil like Spectrum or Tree of Life - it really shines through in the flavor. The expeller pressed oils are creamy and rich, but the coconut flavor is almost completely effaced and are probably heat treated and otherwise manipulated for just this effect. The Nutiva, on the other hand, goes through almost no processing compared to expeller pressed oils and has a rich, almost heavy coconut flavor. Closer to the real thing, as it were.

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    You could try the coca pulse test to see if you're having a reaction to the coconut.
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Quote Originally Posted by tradawg View Post
    You could try the coca pulse test to see if you're having a reaction to the coconut.
    Interesting. I have never heard of that, but I do know I have a bunch of foods that give me a very high heart rate. Honey is one, or if I go out for chinese food it happens. I haven't really noticed with the coconut, but I only notice if it is REALLY high and racing. I will give it a try. Thanks!!

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Do you think you may have CFS or isit just fatigue from the RA?

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    I was falling apart until I got rid of most of the carbs, all save low sugar berries and vegetables. The leptin protocol states that too much carb creates leptin and insulin imbalance.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    To each their own but I think the IF thing is overly done. It can easily lead to calorie restriction at an unintended level. I would eat a decent (early, like when you get up) breakfast even if you're not necessarily hungry. My outhouse opinion anyway.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Embyr42 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Are you getting accidental gluten? I know gluten exposure makes me feel wiped out for days and days, and really brings down my B12 levels... It's so easy to get "glutened" if you're not militant about it. Sauces, spice blends, mustard, vinegar- it can be anywhere...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast