Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stomach bloat drinking green tea?why? page 3

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I think Kathy is just in a particularly argumentative mood today.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    Yeah, that must be it~

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyH View Post
    What's wrong with getting corrected? Did I bruise your ego? I thank people who correct me when I am wrong.
    You didn't correct anything. You asked for a citation that I freely admitted I don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Nady View Post
    Maybe you'd get better results if you spelled it correctly?
    *snort*

Quote Originally Posted by mom5booklover View Post
    Rooibos Tea Benefits
    not a study but it does say it has more than 50 x SOD than green tea(defininition of SOD: an enzyme that catalyzes the conversion of superoxide into hydrogen peroxide and oxygen) So 50 x the antioxidants. There are much more results if you do a search for "ROOIBOS benefits" but I am really just wondering if there is something more personal going on between KathyH and Paleobird than that she is curious to know why green tea has been so maligned. Sheesh is right.
    Thank you for finding that.

Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    Severely twisted knicker syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Nady View Post
    Yeah, that must be it~
    I always like your little gif emoticons.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    I tend to get bloated from tea as well, but not painfully so (as you imply), and it goes down quite quickly (yay diuretic!). I think my issue is simply the volume of tea I consume sometimes.

KathyH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    You didn't correct anything. You asked for a citation that I freely admitted I don't have.
    I corrected you by saying that rooibos tea does not have more antioxidants than green tea.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyH View Post
    I corrected you by saying that rooibos tea does not have more antioxidants than green tea.
    *sigh*

endless is offline Senior Member
    I was going to post taking exception to the statement that Mate 'packs a caffeine punch' but after looking into it apparently there is some controversy about it...but I can guarantee that if Yerba Mate does contain caffeine it acts differently. I am supremely sensitive to caffeine...even green tea or dark chocolate makes my heart go crazy, but Mate does not have this effect at all.

Yerba Mate and Green Tea Similarities
    Yerba mate and green tea both contain stimulants. Green tea contains caffeine, although black tea has two to three times more caffeine than green tea. Yerba mate contains xanthines, alkaloids that have the same type of stimulating properties as caffeine. Although some retailers claim that yerba mate does not contain caffeine, chemical analysis shows that it does contain caffeine, according to Raintree Nutrition. The caffeine in yerba mate, however, may not cause the typical side effects of caffeine, such as jitteriness, headache, irritability, nausea or diarrhea. The caffeine in green tea's effects may be moderated by the effects of L-theanine, so that both drinks may be free of the usual side effects of caffeine. Both substances appear to have antioxidants benefits.

Read more: What Is Theanine & Does Yerba Mate Contain It? | LIVESTRONG.COM

sarit is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This seems to be a problem of the chemical decaffeination process. It has increased the amount of tannins in the green tea which seems to be irritating the inner lining of your digestive system, thus causing the bloating. Switch to a different brand and stick to 2 cups a day.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123