I may very well do this one
I felt I had to share a fun primal workout that I did yesterday. I admit I can't take full credit, since I'm sure the idea probably germinated from reading too many primal/paleo sites Without further ado, here it is:
1. First, get one of these. This will be your "spear" for the workout.
2. Find a a nice park, or field with plenty of sprinting space.
3. Take off your shoes, or wear minimalist shoes, if you must
4. Select a target, such as a tree, rock, or bush. This will be your “prey”.
5. Get a nice sprinting distance away from your “prey”
6. Begin with a Grok Crawl, stalking your “prey”. Optional: “spear” clenched between your teeth.
7. Spring up and sprint towards your “prey”. Then, throw your “spear” and try to hit the target. Bonus: the Nerf toy has a whistling action when you throw it, which kind of sounds like your “prey” squealing as it gets hit by the “spear”.
8. Retrieve your “spear” and return to start. Repeat as many times as desired, or until you get too embarrassed
- Get a sandbag and place it by or use it as your target “prey”. After hitting it with the “spear”, carry the sandbag “kill” back to start.
- Get a workout buddy and take turns being “hunter” and “prey”.
I had such a great time, I think this will take the place of my sprint workouts for the time being. Enjoy!
I may very well do this one
Just a n00b
If you have a private island, this fellow had a great idea!
The Most Dangerous Game - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That's a seriously fun idea. Mixing in activity with hand/eye coordination is a really big booster. I guess the modern equivalent is that skiing/shooting combo sport.
You just gave me a great idea. Hijack in progress.
You will need: A girlfriend, that nerf thing, privacy (optional).
First, get her to run away, then throw the nerf thing at her legs. Sprint to her, hold her as she tries to crawl with her "injured" leg and then make sweet rape fantasy love to her.
Bonus points if you sub out girlfriend and nerf for random girl at the park and heavy rock. Kidding!
In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.
I think it'd be rad to open up a restaurant (Primal menu) with little fake animals (think the things you shoot at carnivals but bigger) around 30-40 feet away. Give the people who come a big fake spear to chunk at them. If they hit one they get a discount on their meal or get sat first or something. Perhaps you could have them do a contest with the restaurant host, see who can hit one first for a free meal. That would be rad.
A single, unimiginably small proton is 6 trillion times more significant to your body than the entire human race is to the universe. Remember that next time you're really mad about something.