Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Year Primal page

RogerDeRok is offline Member

Primal Fuel

I went full on primal right after Thanksgiving 2008 with that holiday being my last huge carb binge celebration. I was 305 pounds, my pant waist size was 44 and I was sick of it. Now one year later, I'm 110 pounds lighter, now weighing in at 195 and I now fit into a 34 waist. I hadn't seen most of my family since last Thanksgiving, so it was hilarious watching the looks on their faces at how different I look. I still have a little more weight to lose, but this is proof enough that it can be done.

The support I've gotten from the Primal community has been phenomenal. I've met some good friends here that I communicate with on almost a daily basis who are always willing to help each other out and give advice and make recommendations. Looking forward to seeing where we'll all be in another year!

g2baker is offline Member

Congratulations Roger! That is so awesome! Were you able to find things to eat ok this Thanksgiving? Were any of your relatives curious about your new eating style?

Yeah this Thanksgiving was fine. I was able to fill up sufficiently on turkey, salad, and chile dishes. My family thought it was pretty amazing that I could give up the foods I no longer eat and stick with it so long. My cousin has also been texting me a lot asking me questions on what I do and don't eat, she is interested in getting on board. I hope she does.

Yesterday I had a second Thanksgiving feast with Son Of Grok, so it was all 100% primal foods. It was amazing!

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Wow you're less than half the size you used to be! Congratulations! Can't wait to make it to one year.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Better Each Day Guest

Congrats. That is soooooo inspiring as today is my first day!!!!! I am so excited to begin this journey

Thanks for being so dedicated and showing us newbies how it&#39;s done.

Kristen Guest

That&#39;s amazing! Thanks for posting! Did you find that anyone who gave you a hard time is now changing their tune?

Not so much, of course not many people really gave me a hard time about it. My best friends have been supportive, it helps that 2 of them went primal a few months before I did. Most of the speculation just comes from acquaintances I rarely see. There have been folks that have asked me for information, advice, and help but then they never end up changing.

Griff is offline Senior Member

Roger, you&#39;ve been an inspiration ever since I came to MDA. Just want to say congratulations!

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

bobbylight Guest

Wow, that is amazing. Keep it up. I was up to about 295 and my 46 inch pants were a little snug on me at the beginning of october. I am probably down to 270 right now.

Catalina is offline Member

PrimalCon New York

Must have been an amazing Thanksgiving--congrats!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast