Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: intro and a little advice needed page 2

kongluirong is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

runswithbuffalo, I feel you with the no support thing. That's why I've started stalking the forums meself. Welcome!

Probably the best advice I can give you, which bobby has kind of mentioned, is to find what works for you.

Good luck!

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Welcome!

I know you're going to do great... seems like you're really confident too, and where you live sounds amazing.

I'd hold out hope for your husband though. Mine was similar at first - I'd make meat/vegs and then ask him if he wanted rice or pasta or something with it, and he'd usually say yes. I'd make it for him and just not eat it.

Well, I eventually stopped asking and he didn't request it... though a couple times he'd make some rice or something and then the leftovers would sit in the fridge for about a week before I'd ask him, "Are you ever going to eat that?" And he'd dump it.

At one point when he was trying to gain some weight before survival school, I made him a big pot of pasta with veggies and chicken and stuff in it, with a dressing ... and as he was eating some of it he said, "You know... you're a really good cook and I know you are good at making pasta, but this just doesn't taste very good. I don't think I want noodles anymore."

SCORE!

He still eats non-primal stuff more often than I do, but breakfast cereal is a thing of the past, and bread/pasta/rice are no longer grocery staples. He's perfectly content to eat whatever I cook without looking for "something else" and usually orders pretty primally even when we eat at a restaurant.

Just wanted to give you some hope that maybe your hubs will come around to it eventually too.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

runswithbuffalo is offline Junior Member

Thank you FlyNavyWife!!! There is hope....YAY!

I spent yesterday meal planning and doing some shopping. Today is day one....can't give up the coffee but not doing the cream. I am going dairy free because I suspect it is a problem for me.

Again, thanks for giving me hope on converting my Pasta King!! =D

nina_70 Guest

Welcome and congrats on starting the journey. I do think going Primal and esp. eliminating grains can help tremendously w/ IBS and, even, depression. You might want to start a fish-oil supplement too (has really been beneficial to me). If you feel yourself really craving bread during the transition, there's some pretty good bread alternative recipe's (made primarily w/ eggs & various things like coconut flour) on the forum.

And yes, there is hope....I was a full vegetarian, high-grain, low-fat guru when my hubby met me...and I converted. It took a few years, but I'm there now, and I'm much healthier and happier. When hubby sees how wonderfully you're doing he'll want to join in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12