Thread: Just Starting page

bigtex is offline Junior Member

Just Starting

Shop Now
    Hello world. Been off cigarettes and dairy for two weeks. Grains for a few days. Already feeling better. I'm fully awake right when I wake up and my sinuses have cleared out. Though I must say that it is illegal to not eat pinto beans in Texas and I don't want to break the law so I don't.

gunnk is offline Senior Member
    Just going off grains was a HUGE HUGE HUGE leap forward in terms of my health. Don't worry about the pintos! You're making big changes in your life, so don't tackle too many, too fast. You want to be able to sustain it. Dumping grains and smoking will profoundly impact your health in positive ways.

Welcome aboard!
    Life is short: Void the warranty.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
    Hello world. Been off cigarettes and dairy for two weeks. Grains for a few days. Already feeling better. I'm fully awake right when I wake up and my sinuses have cleared out. Though I must say that it is illegal to not eat pinto beans in Texas and I don't want to break the law so I don't.
    Welcome. Don't sweat the beans. You DON'T put them in chili though, do you? The Texas chili police will get you for that.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Another thing I've noticed about quitting smoking and not drinking beer is that my wallet has gotten a lot fatter.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnk View Post
    Just going off grains was a HUGE HUGE HUGE leap forward in terms of my health. Don't worry about the pintos! You're making big changes in your life, so don't tackle too many, too fast. You want to be able to sustain it. Dumping grains and smoking will profoundly impact your health in positive ways.

Welcome aboard!

secretlobster is offline Senior Member
    After giving up what, for many of us, is a LOT of vices, we all have to keep something to enjoy. Eating pinto beans isn't going to ruin you, and I imagine it would make your life more difficult to always be avoiding them.

It's when people start saying "well I can't give up beans, and I really love candy so I'll still let myself have some sometimes, and I am still going to have grains occasionally..." that they drift further away from what primal living is about. But, you'll have to pry wine and dark chocolate from my cold dead hands. In fact, I'm going to keep them in my gun from now on.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by secretlobster View Post
    After giving up what, for many of us, is a LOT of vices, we all have to keep something to enjoy. Eating pinto beans isn't going to ruin you, and I imagine it would make your life more difficult to always be avoiding them.

It's when people start saying "well I can't give up beans, and I really love candy so I'll still let myself have some sometimes, and I am still going to have grains occasionally..." that they drift further away from what primal living is about. But, you'll have to pry wine and dark chocolate from my cold dead hands. In fact, I'm going to keep them in my gun from now on.
    +1
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post
    Welcome. Don't sweat the beans. You DON'T put them in chili though, do you? The Texas chili police will get you for that.
    There is actually no such thing as chili with beans in it. No one has ever seen it. It does not exist. It has never been photographed nor will it ever be. As soon as beans are put into a pot of chili then it ceases to be chili. However, beans in meat sauce exists.