Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CW and (and blatant suffering!) applauded by CNN for weight loss page 2

Lynnsey is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Someone named catlady posted a comment about the Weston A Price Foundation. But, out of 100 plus comments, there is only one leading this guy into the less painful, more healthy direction.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    I truly thought about emailing him directly but them i thought about how i woudl react to that and the whole concept of attraction not prostelization and i chose to leave it be.

I will keep eating my eggplant lasagne and he can go hungry. I have already out lost him anyway
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

scooby is offline Member
    I'm pretty sure we have people on this forum who could tell their own yo-yo dieting stories, even following the primal paradigm. Maintaining a 100 lb weight loss is hard. Your body doesn't want it to be easy. Just because it's easy at the beginning, doesn't mean it will be easy to reach your eventual goal. The first 70 lbs of my weight loss was easy. The last 20 or so has been much harder. That seems to be true whether I'm doing paleo or conventional wisdom.

scooby is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    I truly thought about emailing him directly but them i thought about how i woudl react to that and the whole concept of attraction not prostelization and i chose to leave it be.

I will keep eating my eggplant lasagne and he can go hungry. I have already out lost him anyway
    What insights do you have to offer someone trying to figure out how to maintain a long term weight loss? I'm not trying to be a jerk about this. Your progress is awesome. You have every right to be very proud of what you've done. But your graph shows that you still have a ways to go. And you haven't yet faced the situation this guy is facing. Not just emotionally, but physiologically. None of us knows how your body is going to react when you near your goal weight.

FWIW, I don't know either. I've lost over 70lbs multiple times, using many different diets. This is just the latest time. Until I demonstrate that I can make this time stick, I'm not sure I have any insight into this guy's issues. Maintenance is hard. Making good choices is harder when you're not getting immediate positive feedback on the scale.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post
    What insights do you have to offer someone trying to figure out how to maintain a long term weight loss? I'm not trying to be a jerk about this. Your progress is awesome. You have every right to be very proud of what you've done. But your graph shows that you still have a ways to go. And you haven't yet faced the situation this guy is facing. Not just emotionally, but physiologically. None of us knows how your body is going to react when you near your goal weight.

FWIW, I don't know either. I've lost over 70lbs multiple times, using many different diets. This is just the latest time. Until I demonstrate that I can make this time stick, I'm not sure I have any insight into this guy's issues. Maintenance is hard. Making good choices is harder when you're not getting immediate positive feedback on the scale.
    not offended at all. I had never ever lost weight before. and YES i do have a long way to go. My serious point ( since most of this was firmly tongue in cheek ) is that the body is not that hard to figure out and feed once you do your homework. Notice the article talks about privation at eh level of most 3rd world countries. I promise you the human body does not expect that. Additionally he is eating in a way that compromises his metabolism and as such is required to keep going down that path.

now that i know what is what i dont expect to ever need to "diet" again. will i be Dwyane Johnson or Vin Diesel probably not, will i need to starve to maintain

HELZ NO
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12