Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Definitive Leptin page

brahnamin is offline Senior Member

Definitive Leptin

Shop Now
    The whole Leptin thing has kinda blown up around here - with a lot of forum members attempting leptin sensitivity resets. Lots of good discussion in at least 4 different folders.

Given Leptin resistance as a precursor to insulin resistance, any chance you might revisit the research and do a *definitive* post on Leptin / Leptin Sensitivity, particularly as it applies to Primal?

Paleobird Guest
    Good idea.

Robynbee is offline Senior Member
    Agreed!

Yes, Please! A Leptin Definitive Would Be Most Great!
    The two constants in my life are a clean mind and dirty knees.

Everything else is subject to change without notice.

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    Who are you wanting to do this? Or do you mean you want to do this?
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    I'd love to see it!
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Another yes vote. I'm just not going to wade through all the technical stuff I've been seeing.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Littlesigh is offline Senior Member
    You might want to read Mastering Leptin by Byron Richards.
    Mastering Leptin - The Official Book Site
    Living the dream, inside a myth

Quote Originally Posted by SugarBaby View Post
    Who are you wanting to do this? Or do you mean you want to do this?
    Hrm. Mark's Daily Apple Blog Post Topics. I guess I was hoping Mark would do it. His blog and all. I'm certainly not qualified (nor do I have access as a contributing author).

He did some leptin posts a couple of years ago but he hasn't yet done a Definitive Leptin post and if Leptin really is the Master Hormone as is being suggested by some then it might be worthwhile to add it in.

Particularly, given how structured Dr. Kruse's reset and the Mastering Leptin diet are in regards to amount of protein in the AM and the fairly strict timing of everything, I'd like to see how it all fits in with the Primal Blueprint approach, which is much more mellow and loose - a "listen to your body/eat when you're hungry" kind of approach.

Thing is, telling a person with a broken metabolism to "listen to your body" is a bit like offering the same advice to a drug addict. The body is sending the wrong signals (or interpreting the right signals incorrectly) and listening to it could well prove disastrous. Listening to what my body wanted got me into this 300 lb mess in the first place.

And for all the PB is more relaxed and intuitive than strict and rigid, I've heard Mark caution people at the outset on things like IF (I believe he recommends being firmly primal for at least three weeks before attempting it). So, while I believe PB works best as an intuitive approach to life, I do think a bit of rigidity is in order at times - especially in the beginning - and I'd love to see Mark's take on that.

I'd like to see Mark put leptin into Primal perspective, if you will.

ETA - Anyone got Mark's personal number and can point him to this thread?
    Last edited by brahnamin; 07-01-2011 at 04:44 AM. Reason: to request Mark Sisson's personal phone number. /fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Littlesigh View Post
    You might want to read Mastering Leptin by Byron Richards.
    Mastering Leptin - The Official Book Site
    Want to. Can't afford it at the moment. Mostly what I wanted by posting this here was for Mark to put the whole Leptin thing (and the recommendations of Richards and Kruse) into Primal perspective for us and weigh in with his own opinions/recommendations regarding leptin sensitivity - getting and keeping it under control.

ETA - I have watched some of his talks and I appreciate the link.
    Last edited by brahnamin; 07-01-2011 at 04:50 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast