Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alkaline/Acidic Diet and Skin ..? page

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

I've been messing with my skin way too much over the course of the month, switching from Proactiv to Burt's Bees to the oil cleansing method to scrubs to clay masks...And man, another "gel" cleanser from Italy should be coming in the mail shortly..!

I've also been reading about the implications of diet on the skin... What do you think of the balance between alkaline/acid in your food? For instance, eating too much meat and FAT (acidic) could be a negative influence on skin when you need a more alkaline (veg/fruit/nuts) enviornment?...

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Have you tried apple cider vinegar? I swear by it.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Osa007 Guest

How do you use the vinegar?

I would avoid too much scrubbing or washing - aside from a warm water rinse. If you must - here&#39;s another product to try!! - MyChelle &#39;honeydew&#39; cleanser - no soap, not drying, has tiny, I think honey, grains that gently exfoiliate. They have a website - lots of great stuff. I use one of their moisturizers & mist....I get compliments on my &#39;rosy & glowing&#39; complexion frequently....

Oh, fat is important for healthy skin & lack of wrinkles...just make sure it&#39;s good healthy mostly saturated...

You drink 3 tablespoons of -organic- apple cider vinegar with water daily, and use it as a skin toner. Beware, though - it stinks, so you might want to use it only at night. I even use it as an after shave when I&#39;m home... nasty, I know, but after the burning is over, my skin feels amazing.

Osa007 Guest

Thanks Raphael! Long ago I read some &#39;beauty&#39; book that talked about the need for a certain acidic quality to the skin - they likened it to childrens skin. They had you rinse with a vinegar/water solution - but, you did wash your face, but can&#39;t remember how or with what - maybe a swathing in oil to pick up dirt then vinegar/water rinse....hmmm...I did it for awhile, seemed fine, skin looked fine but didn&#39;t keep it up. They claimed that Greta Garbo had been a &#39;client&#39; and that is why her skin was so awesome...but, who knows. Actually, kinda &#39;acid/alkaline&#39; for the face. But, I was in a library browsing... no clue what the book was.

I rinse, then use MyChelle mist as toner then MyChelle moisturizer (can&#39;t recall which one!)....but, since I ususally have apple cider vinegar perhaps I&#39;ll try it! Thanks!

Just the vinegar is fine, no need of other expensive products. You could probably use non-organic for the face; but if you&#39;re drinking it, it has to be organic.

Oh, while you&#39;re at night... ditch your conditioner and try using vinegar as a rinse instead.

Osa007 Guest

No moisturizer! The holy grail of a woman&#39;s regime!

You may be right...although moisturizing the skin & keeping a healthy layer of fat is the only thing that works. Olive oil is my &#39;night cream&#39;...but, honestly I have seen & felt a diference without &#39;mychelle&#39;...but, something cheaper could work, too. Their mist - especially at 7,000 feet feels so good & looks it, too. I use Bragg&#39;s..and their olive oil....I&#39;ll give it a go though!

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

I&#39;ve tried apple cider vinegar, slightly drying... I use witch hazel instead, no alcohol, smells much better and feels much cleaner.

I&#39;ve tried ACV for a conditioner, made my ends dry. I actually stopped doing the whole "no-poo" thing a couple weeks ago and started shampooing again with good old Head and Shoulders and some deep conditioner every two days. Looks much better and my blonde is blonder.

What skin types do you guys have? I&#39;m starting to wonder if there is even such a thing...

Osa007 Guest

Frankly, since I&#39;ve stopped washing my face my skin seems to be &#39;just right&#39; - no oily or dry spots - but, it used to seem so-called T-Zone, dry cheeks, rest oily, but not since I stopped bugging it with soap. Of course, I rinse well with warm water - just no soap or other &#39;stuff&#39;. No breakouts, etc.

Also, I&#39;ve stopped using conditioner on my hair - just use a little oil before shampoo sometimes...

go_ginger_go Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

My friend is ga-ga over that MyChelle honeydew cleanser. I&#39;ve used some of their other products and have liked them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast