Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The truth about cancer, and the Primal lifestyle! page

Cheiro is offline Junior Member

The truth about cancer, and the Primal lifestyle!

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, having just bought Mark's fabulous 'Primal Blueprint Cookbook'! What a great resource this website is too. Thanks Mark

I've just come across this article about the dark and manipulative 'cancer industry' - and the article's concluding recommendations point strongly to living the primal/paleo lifestyle!

The Real Reason the Cancer Industry Never Talks About Prevention

otzi Guest
    Quick synopsis:

- Limit carbs/sugar (doesn't give amounts) and limit Fructose, even from fruit, to less than 15g a day (equivalent of 2.5 apples or 3 bananas)
    - Exercise frequently and use frequent bursts of high level movements (hiit)
    - Get plenty of vitamin D from sun exposure

Sounds like good advice!

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    OT ... but that's great prehistoric posting name.

Not from the italian South Tyrol are you? Those are the people who have him now as I recall.

http://www.nytimes.com/books/00/05/2...21papinet.html

La Carnera is offline Member

Paleobird Guest
    Polish up your tin foil hats again folks. Let's have another round of doctor bashing. Sigh.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I honestly think some of the researchers may "get" that nutrition has at least some bearing on cancer prevention and/or treatment, but they probably assume no one would be willing to change their diet. And they may be right, at least for the majority of the population. Haven't we seen the same thing with type 2 diabetes?

So in a way, I kind of understand them looking for a pill or highly invasive procedure. People are willing to do that much more readily than change their lifestyle, especially before they even have any symptoms.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    well, having symptoms myself I'm pretty well sure I wont be relying on diet, sunshine and exercise to be enough.
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    well, having symptoms myself I'm pretty well sure I wont be relying on diet, sunshine and exercise to be enough.
    I get benign tumors fairly regularly (just call me Queen of the Biopsy) and that has kept me running to the doc when I feel a little something that wasn't there before.

I never understood the need to choose one method over another. If one is a good idea, that doesn't make the other a bad idea by default. The only one of the three (sun, exercise, carbs) that I don't follow just by going to work is limiting carbs. I work out in the sun all day and I'm frequently running from Fido or hauling myself up a block wall.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    I never understood the need to choose one method over another. If one is a good idea, that doesn't make the other a bad idea by default. The only one of the three (sun, exercise, carbs) that I don't follow just by going to work is limiting carbs. I work out in the sun all day and I'm frequently running from Fido or hauling myself up a block wall.
    This. Diet, exercise, sun, positive emotions are all great and they may be great prevention but they won't make an existing tumor go away. Nor will any of the snake oil cures such as coffee enemas that people get talked into right after they are told how evil the MDs are.

It serves no purpose to revile all of "The Medical Establishment" as evil and corrupt.

People are often lazy about their health care and doctors give them what they want, a pill.

Green Deane Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Polish up your tin foil hats again folks. Let's have another round of doctor bashing. Sigh.
    Doctors deserved to be bashed particularly in the area of nutrition. Their bad advice won't go away until they retire or die because their income is based on wrong information. Given the choice of getting paid or being right they choose to get paid and stay wrong. Representing this mentality to its worse degree is the American Heart Association and the American Diabetes Association. Because of their lousy advice I am beginning to think they are more responsible for dietary deaths than the food industry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast