Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Binges continue :( so sad page

Zeus is offline Junior Member

I made a post about 2-3 weeks ago about a 2 day binge and I'm really dissapointed to tell you it's continued. So far I have binged until stuffed on 8-10 seperate occasions over the past 2-3 weeks, the days around the binges have resulted in depression, anxiety and just an overall feeling of guilt.

I have tried ever so hard to keep primal but for some reason I'm finding it to be so difficult. Tonight I binged and I'm sitting hear feeling helpless, I just dont know what the trigger is and when I'll stop.

I had a goal about 7 weeks ago to be lose a certain amount of fat by christmas time and my goal has been messed up, so I wont be able to acheive that and I think thats one of the reasons I binge even though that makes it worse.

Because my number 1 goal is to lose as much body fat as I can I sometimes get easily influenced by pepoples opinions on my ideas of what I should do. I had someone online a few weeks back tell me too stop focusing on losing fat and that I'm too light at 150lbs so this sent my mind wondering off my main goal and I start eating more of the wrong foods and in turn binge eat and it's just spiraled out of control.

plain and simply guys I need your help, what should i do to regain control? I have 3 weeks or so until christmas to get back on track and go into the new year feeling good about myself, at the moment I feel very alone.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

I think you should try a one meal a day.. Eat as much as you want during a 4 hour window and you will feel satisfied and you will lose weight. Worth giving it a thought, I think.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

So how does it work exactly becuase I&#39;ll give anything a go to help me get over this. Do I eat until satisfied but not stuffed in one sitting or must it be spread over 4 hours?

Also is that the same everyday?

Sharonll is offline Senior Member

One meal a day might be too hard for someone who is trying to control binging. I don&#39;t have much experience with binging, but I know something that has helped me is to not focus too hard on an actual date, such as "I MUST do this by xmas" or "I MUST lose weight for an anniversary," but instead to simply focus on one day at a time, or maybe easier, one meal at a time. Do your own research, try to maybe avoid discussing what you&#39;re doing with people who don&#39;t understand, and simply focus on what you&#39;ve learned and what you know to do for yourself. Baby steps. And try not to drink too much alcohol. :-)

Pikaia is offline Junior Member

What types of foods/drink are you binging on?

And what is your height, weight, build, and sex?

I feel more motivated with a goal in mind and feel like I have something to aim for so it&#39;s normally very helpfull, it has been in the past.

You make a good point and I should probably stop visiting so many forums and listening to other people advice on what they think I should do and do what I feel I want to do. I feel this plays a big part in when I binge.

And alcohol, never touched the stuff

I binge on anything non primal, rice, chocolates, oats and cereals, breads and other things. My bigning always starts with nuts and the it goes downhill from there. never binge on drinks and I dont drink alcohol of any kind, any liquid I have is either water or milk when I binge.

Height-5foot 9

weight-150lbs (was 225lbs)

build-pretty lean but not very muscular with stomach fat (skinny fat)

sex-male

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

One meal a day will probably work for you. Don&#39;t you feel hungry when you eat breakfast? Are you never satisfied after meals? Then skip them altogether. Forget breakfast and lunch. Have only dinner - but a big one.

You can eat everything in one sitting, but you might experience stomach pains during the first few days. It&#39;s better to spread it out during the 4 hours. Don&#39;t worry about calories too much, and don&#39;t worry about fitting your day&#39;s worth of food into your stomach. Eat as much as you want until you&#39;re stuffed (but eat the right foods, of course.)

You have to beat the hunger and adapt to handling a daily 20 hour fast. I never thought I could do it, but one week into it, I&#39;m seeing amazing results. My abs are beginning to show; food is out of my mind; my workouts have no suffered. Try it out - it&#39;s worth it. Everyday you&#39;re going to be looking forward to that huge dinner and you know you&#39;ll be able to stuff yourself as much as you want.

Google "Warrior Diet" if you want to read more about it.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Thanks Raphael S. I&#39;ll definatly look into that and see what I can come up with.

What kind of workout regimine do you use? just so I can see what your able to do while using this approach.

Pikaia is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Ah, I found your stats in another thread. Your BMI is 22.2. In your shoes I wouldn&#39;t be trying to lose a significant amount of weight, especially if people have already started making comments suggesting you&#39;re heading towards being underweight.

Here&#39;s my 2 cents: just let go of the weight and fat loss goals. Ignore the scale and use a tape measure to track progress. Focus on what you need to do to build muscle mass instead.

If you find that you binge on carbs, you may be able to handle that by avoiding them as much as possible for a while, aside from non-starchy veggies. Set yourself up for success by planning out meals and generous snacks, and then make sure you&#39;re never caught without healthy food options.

Don&#39;t ever deprive yourself or let yourself go hungry. Grab some more fat and/or protein whenever you feel hungry or have a craving for sweets. If nuts are a trigger, avoid them for now. Hard boiled egg, beef jerky, deli meat, etc. might be good options. Some people swear by glutamine supplements for killing carb cravings, and I&#39;ve heard coconut butter suggested for that purpose too. (And gosh that stuff is good!)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast