Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trx page 2

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The people in commercials are NOT a good indicator of what you will look like after following the workouts or equipment that they are trying to sell. Please do not base your choice of exercise on this.

Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999 View Post
    Go to rosstraining.com and look at the homemade equipment links. Suspension training us awesome.
    what he said

JulieReeves is offline Junior Member
    TRX training can strengthen and tone your muscles. This is not significantly different than other forms of resistance training but it is a current fad.

TRX sale

Goldust is offline Junior Member
    Before you shell out the $100+ on a TRX, I picked up one of these off amazon for a heck of a lot less:

In a Bag - Trainer In a Bag - WOSS Enterprises, LLC

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieReeves View Post
    TRX training can strengthen and tone your muscles. This is not significantly different than other forms of resistance training but it is a current fad.

TRX sale
    It's not a fad. It's been around for years. If you shop around on the internets, you can find them for less than what the website sells for. I bought mine on Amazon. I took a class for several years before I decided to buy one for myself.

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    It's not a fad. It's been around for years. If you shop around on the internets, you can find them for less than what the website sells for. I bought mine on Amazon. I took a class for several years before I decided to buy one for myself.
    I know this is late in the thread but I have recently bought a TRX fitness system to use here in Egypt at my apartment. I have some good anchor points that I used an old nylon lifting strap (as in crane lifting) to wrap around and anchor the system.

Regarding finding them on the internet, beware. There are counterfeits out there that have injured people when some of the connections gave way. I bought mine direct from TRX for $300 bucks. About the cost of 5 months membership at the closest gym to me. I had found one on Craigslist for less than half of that but after comparing the pictures in the ad to the pictures on the TRX site, it looked to be bogus.

Like my dad used to say, "Quality is like buying oats. If you want fresh, clean oats, you have to be willing to pay the price. If you can settle for oats that have already been through the horse, that comes a lot cheaper".

I would rather pay for quality any day and know that I have something that will last me for many years.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

OldSchhool is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by misathemeb View Post
    i've been eating paleo and doing bodyrock for the last 2 months. sort of prison style workouts. i went from having a soft tummy to actually getting some abs. these pics are me yesterday after a workout!

It's definitely working for you, awesome work !

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    I know this is late in the thread but I have recently bought a TRX fitness system to use here in Egypt at my apartment. I have some good anchor points that I used an old nylon lifting strap (as in crane lifting) to wrap around and anchor the system.

Regarding finding them on the internet, beware. There are counterfeits out there that have injured people when some of the connections gave way. I bought mine direct from TRX for $300 bucks. About the cost of 5 months membership at the closest gym to me. I had found one on Craigslist for less than half of that but after comparing the pictures in the ad to the pictures on the TRX site, it looked to be bogus.

Like my dad used to say, "Quality is like buying oats. If you want fresh, clean oats, you have to be willing to pay the price. If you can settle for oats that have already been through the horse, that comes a lot cheaper".

I would rather pay for quality any day and know that I have something that will last me for many years.
    The one I bought on Amazon, was the real thing. I paid $164.95 for it. It came in official TRX packaging, with a DVD and registration materials. It was the Pro pack which only comes with a door anchor same as the TRX site and which does limit some of the exercises. Ir was actually sold by Amazon and not a seller. At the moment, this package is available on Amazon and sold by TRX Training for $199.99.

Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    TRX is another great tool to add to your work out regime and if you're currently just getting back into a work out program I would recommend it because its a great way to add assistance to full range of motion body weight movements.

That being said there are some cons with the TRX system as well. A lot of people will tend to rely on the TRX too much and end up having to "relearn" position and posture once they have graduated to a body weight program or into using free weights. Personally I like to use it for clients who need rehabilitation or are beginners because it allows for more natural movement than machines as well as added stability when in challenging positions.

Yes there are some very challenging movements that can be made with the TRX but once you're able to do those movements IMO its best to step away from the suspension trainer and work on body weight exercises so you can also work balance and spacial awareness.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12