Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Protein shake brands page

Protein shake brands

What brand of protein shake do you use for breakfast or after a work out? Milk or water?
    Just wondering what you guys reccomend. Thanks and talk to you all later.

secretlobster is offline Senior Member
    1 scoop of gold standard 100% whey protein and either almond milk or coconut milk, then some fresh or frozen berries. I also might put some almond butter or vanilla extract in there. I don't think I would buy a pre-made protein shake because making it myself is really fast

I'm currently shopping around for a new protein powder brand. I like the taste (Trader Joe's) but it has too much sugar.

I never use milk or just water. I use almond milk and frozen berries, just like secretlobster. I also add 2 TBS of coconut cream or coconut milk, or 1/4 avocado, or flax seed oil. The extra fat helps me stay sated longer. I frequently add ginger (for digestion) or loads of cinnamon (yummy, but also fights inflammation).
    My blog, The Overflowing Pantry

Primal-esque since Feb 2010
    100% Primal since May 2011 (again)

for a while now i have been using unflavored isopure. i add berries, cocoa powder, bananas, cinnamon, or whatever else i feel like flavoring it with. and i typically mix it with organic whole milk or coconut milk

Conner P. is offline Senior Member
    I have been using Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard, milk, varying levels of whipping cream, and frozen berry medley. Once ɪ run out of strawberry protein and get vanilla, ɪ will be varying things up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Conner P. View Post
    I have been using Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard, milk, varying levels of whipping cream, and frozen berry medley. Once ɪ run out of strawberry protein and get vanilla, ɪ will be varying things up a bit.
    Can I suggest getting whatever new vanilla flavor they have? They supposedly improved it. The old one tastes like proper arse... I'm choking it down for the remainder of the (GIANT) container I bought

optimim nutrition is good in a pinch, but bear in mind that it contains artificial sweeteners

if that type of thing is important to you

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    optimim nutrition is good in a pinch, but bear in mind that it contains artificial sweeteners

if that type of thing is important to you
    From their website:

"No Artificial Flavors, Sweeteners, or Colors"

This is for the "natural 100% whey gold standard" product

ani
    ani is offline Senior Member
    I really like Jayrobb's vanilla whey protein, however I'm switching to Premier whey protein that I get through my mom (since she has a Naturopathy practice) since its a lot cheaper and it mixes better than anything else I've tried. Its also totally flavorless which is nice too. I love mixing protein powder into full fat yogurt to make it extra thick and satisfying!

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I like the Jay Robb vanilla & chocolate egg proteins. I generally blend it with a banana, some water or milk, and ice, then pour it into my travel mug to take it to work with me.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast