Thread: Sausage as a snack page

Hitman is offline Member

Sausage as a snack

I have bin trying to cut out my protein shakes. So i bin cooking up a lot of organic sausage and eating 3 sausages a day as a snack on my break at work. Could u take to much fat in a day?

secretlobster is offline Senior Member
    Can I ask why you're trying to cut protein shakes and what you are trying to accomplish by eating sausage instead?

3 sausages is more like a meal than a snack...

highaerials36 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by secretlobster View Post
    Can I ask why you're trying to cut protein shakes and what you are trying to accomplish by eating sausage instead?

3 sausages is more like a meal than a snack...
    Unless they are the little sausages.

IanGHenderson is offline Junior Member
    Loads of calories in sauseges, read how much on the packet. Keep on taking the protein shakes, why would you want to give up that for saseges. You have to eat healthy foods and watch the salt and sugar content in your food.

http://www.weighles.com
    Last edited by IanGHenderson; 06-16-2011 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IanGHenderson View Post
    Loads of calories in sauseges, read how much on the packet. Keep on taking the protein shakes, why would you want to give up that for saseges. You have to eat healthy foods and watch the salt and sugar content in your food.
    Many protein shakes contain a fair amount of carbs. The one I currently use has 16g of sugar per serving. I'm shopping around for another.

The OP did say organic sausages. So, I guess it depends on what's in them. I regularly eat organic chicken sausages that have 4 or fewer ingredients on the label and aren't packed with sodium.

So my take on the sausage question is... it depends. OP, could you please tell us more about what's in your sausages, including how much fat and sodium?
    My blog, The Overflowing Pantry

Primal-esque since Feb 2010
    100% Primal since May 2011 (again)

Phaedrus is offline Senior Member
    Its really easy to make your own "sausage" patties from any ground meat too. Sage, salt and red & black pepper gives you that classic breakfast sausage flavor. Then you don't have to eat packaged processed food.
    Brad

late onset type1 diabetic 4-27-10 @ age 30

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    personally, sausage sounds way more appetizing than a protein shake!

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Its really easy to make your own "sausage" patties from any ground meat too. Sage, salt and red & black pepper gives you that classic breakfast sausage flavor. Then you don't have to eat packaged processed food.
    Ooh, good to know!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    The devil is in the details. Clean, whole-hog, moderate sodium sausage = good. Processed, high sodium sausages with lots of crap in them = not so much.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Hitman is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for the feed back i was getting organic sauage but i did cut it out and went back to ON all natural 100% whey. I was just giving it a shot, see the problem is that i'm confused with sticking to the right cals not to lose muscle and i'm thinking about going 100 to 150 on carbs on workout days. i'm 5'7 and down to 156 pounds i need to take in like 2200 cals a day and they say to take in 250 on carbs which i will never go higher then 150 on carbs.