Thread: recent vege convert...but, now a little nervous - please help.. page

seize18 Guest

Shop Now

Hi all..thank you in advance for your help...i'm recently back to eating meet...and i'm feeling SO much better...the truth is, when i eat fruit and veges (as told to do in the paleo diet book), i feel bloated..like there's a beachball in my tummy..but when i really cut all carbs back, virtually meet only, i feel MUCH better...BUT - what about proper nutrients from all the brocoli etc etc...shouldn't i be getting more?

thank you so much - hope you had a great thanksgiving,

gabe

kongluirong is offline Junior Member

Listen to your body is what I say. If you feel better when you're eating less of the starchy fruits/veggies, eat less. We would need to know a little more about what you are eating too. Make sure you're getting enough fat Olive Oil, Coconut oil, butter, nuts, lard. You could also up your intake of leafy greens that aren't as starchy. Just listen to your body, it will tell you what you need. You could also look at taking some supplements (research them, look around this site Mark has some suggestions too) if you're really worried. Figure out what works for you.

You will find a lot of information on this site and in these forums. Good luck.

seize18 Guest

thanks so much for your help...what helps me, usually, is a bit of IF as well..like eating only in a 5 hour window...opinion about that?

bobbylight Guest

You used to be a vegetarian but get bloated from eating fruits and veggies? Seems a bit odd.

Anyway, a lot of people eat a mainly or only meat diet. I personally don't think it is optimal for health, and neither do the great great majority of nutritionists, but they have their reasons.

Honestly though I don't see how some broccoli and cauliflower and non starchy veggies could make you feel bloated, but maybe you are just extremely intolerant to carbs.

Anyway, what did you eat as a vegetarian, because wouldn't you feel absolutely horrible on that diet?

seize18 Guest

i did feel horrible, and that's why i finally quit

hi every i really like your comment many knowledgeable information in this site and every articles in this site really very nice thanks for share it

Workout Routines--Workout Routines

syzchan is offline Member

Have you tried just eating vegetables? I'm wondering if you are sensitive to the fructose in fruit? Also, were you cooking the vegetables? You might want to give yourself a break from both, then ease back into a few simple, cooked veggies and see how you do. And go slow, add them back in one by one.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

nina_70 Guest

I'm with kongluirong on listening to your body. If you feel good on meat that's great...to get the most out of a highly-meaty diet however you do want to look at eating all parts of the animal (organs are especially important), including the fats, plus making bone-broth...and sourcing the best meat your can afford (grass-fed is best). This will help ensure you're getting the most out of the nutrients availible. Books like Nourishing Traditions talk about preparing bone-broth & organs. Also, some of the Carnivore sites will talk more about this too.

Also, you can try an "elimination-type" diet w/ the fruit and veggies. You might be sensitive to something specific e.g fructose in fruit or something in nuts. So, try and stick to leafy-greens for a while to see if that affects your bloating...then introduce some fruits etc. Hopefully you can find some variety of fruits and vegies that work for you.

Del Mar Mel Guest

As others have mentioned above, focus on getting some dark leafy greens in with your meat. They are alkalizing, very nutrient dense and shouldn't produce any bloat. Cruciferous veggies such as broccoli and cauliflower do cause some people to bloat so you might want to focus on the greens.

Mark talks in his book about the acid/ alkaline balance and that it is important to have alkalizing veggies and fruits to balance out the animal foods. I am coming from a raw foods background and I have read plenty on the subject and believe it to be very important.

Another product you might consider is Vitamineral Green. It's a powdered, cold processed greens product with a ton of stuff in it including probiotics. I use it as my daily vitamin. It ensures you get in all the good stuff which might be a good bet if you are having trouble with that.