Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US Wellness Meats page

TinaC is offline Senior Member

US Wellness Meats

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am thinking about placing an order with US Wellness Meats. For those of you who buy from this company, how is the experience? What does the product arrive in? How long after you order is it delivered (I will need to make arrangements for someone to be home)? Are you able to know exactly what day delivery will be? Do you like the quality and is it worth the money? Any other thoughts and comments about the company and products would be helpful.

Thanks

lizzychan5 is offline Senior Member
    I'd like to know how your order goes! I've been wanting to buy from them for awhile. Not to be gross but I wonder if anyone has tried US wellness's pet burger ground beef? Its a high fat ground beef with 10% beef liver/heart mixed into it, and its really cheap per pound... sounds too good to give to my pet. I want it! I wish the minimum purchase was not $75, because I'd really like to try it out.
    Last edited by lizzychan5; 06-16-2011 at 07:55 AM.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    We've ordered a few things from them--lamb liver and some other things I don't remember. Good stuff, but a bit expensive.

We have local sources for everything now.

You can also check Eat Wild to see if there is a more local source for you.

Our order arrived frozen in a styrofoam "cooler". I don't think we were home when it was delivered. Everything was hard-frozen.

I'm sure if you call they can answer your questions!

spascarella is offline Member
    Very good company. Yes, they are a little high but if you sign up for their newsletter then they have 15% discounts. That plus buying certain items in bulk can save you a lot. Love their sugar free garlic hot dogs, 75% lean hamburger, sirloin steaks, pemmican and probably a few other things I can't remember right now.

Delivery is 2 days usually, however we're in KC so we're close to them. Comes frozen in thick styrofoam containers. I also buy locally now but will still order the hot dogs and pemmican from them when I can get my mother and brother to go in with me.

Steve

TinaC is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the replies. I'm paying about $6.99 for a lb of "organic" ground beef in my supermarket and it is not even grass fed. I figured why not pay for the real thing, its not that much more expensive and right now, the shipping is free.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    i'm a satisfied customer. Mostly i buy pemmican but to flesh out my order i buy other things - braunschweiger, lamb, whatever's on special. Because, yeah it is expensive!

but their delivery & service is very good. Totally recommend.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    I'm very happy with their products, service, prices.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    I finally decided to buy a few things from US Wellness Meats about 2 months ago...

I LOVE it. I purchased 20 drumstick packages, 25 lbs of 75% lean ground beef and liverwurst.

I love it all and will order again from them soon. I wanted to buy lamb tallow but they were sold out! Next time I hope to snatch some lamb tallow, ground chicken possibly or more ground beef and maybe some pemmican or something similar.

You will not be dissapointed! Most things are expensive but there are some fantastic deals. I plan on writing a report on them soon to help you decide what is the best deal.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

nutritionut is offline Member
    I just ordered some marrow bones from them, and am simmering some as we speak! The bones came packaged well with ice backs in styrofoam in a box. They arrived quickly.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Love 'em. Fast delivery. Good meat. Happy customer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast