I know this is not totally primal, but it is grain free, and the lentils are sprouted so I believe they are *lower* in carbs/starch than regular old lentils...It's certainly not low carb, but I think it's a decent *grain free* bread sub when you really need one! It's really high in folate as well...

Here's what I did:

Soak (red) lentils overnight, until tails sprout (maybe 24 hours?? I used some kind of split red lentils I believe--I was amazed they sprouted!)

Drain lentils, dehydrate on a cookie sheet in the oven set to 200 (takes a couple of hours). When they are totally dry, grind into a fine flour in a coffee grinder.

I used the Gluten Free Multi-Grain Sandwich Bread recipe from Karina's Kitchen http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.co...ich-bread.html, w/ a few substitutions to make this bread. I'm cutting/pasting her recipe here and just writing in my changes. When I made this loaf, I halved this recipe and baked in a small loaf pan, just fyi! All my measurements are approximate as well.

Grain Free Sprouted Lentil Bread

First- whisk together your dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside:

1 1/2 cup sprouted lentil flour

1 cup sweet potato flour

1/4 cup coconut flour

2 teaspoons guar gum

1/ 1/4 teaspoon sea salt

Proof the yeast:

Add 1 tablespoon instant dry yeast- or rapid yeast to

1 1/4 cups warm liquid (at 110 to 115 degrees F); (I used coconut milk and a little warm water) plus a little raw sugar to feed the yeast (I just used honey--didn't get that foamy though--still came out ok!)

Let it get a little foamy (this doesn't take long- or shouldn't).

Blend wet ingredients

The proofed yeast and coconut milk/water

4 tablespoons extra coconut oil

4 tablespoons honey

1/2 teaspoon ACV

2 eggs

Add wet to the dry ingredients until a smooth batter forms.

Scrape the dough into a 1.5 pound loaf pan (or 7 to 8-inch round cake pan for ciabatta style) and smooth evenly (I use wet fingers). Loosely cover the pan with a clean damp tea towel and allow the dough to rise for 20 minutes in a warm spot.

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.

When the oven comes to temperature bake the bread until it sounds hollow when thumped. This might be anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes or more if you're at higher altitude.

Note: Lower style round pan loaves will bake at 30 to 40 minutes, usually.

Cool on a wire rack.

I added a little extra honey (I accounted for this in the recipe) to kind of mask the lentil taste. I think it worked! I'm going to keep tweaking this, maybe lowering the amount of sweet potato flour and upping the coconut flour to increase sweetness. I'll share my changes here if I like them!!

If you try this, lmk how it goes!! (And do share if you make changes that make it better!)