Page 95 of 189 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast

Thread: Share a triumph! page 95

EricS is offline Member
    Shop Now
    I just keep punching holes in mine, I'll buy another one when I'm down to where I expect to stop. For now the end has almost passed my left pocket. Another inch or so and it will be able to slip into the 2nd belt loop on my jeans.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Since yesturday's post about the new shorts being too big - twice - I realized that the new shorts I'm about to exchange for are the same size as the smallest pair of jeans in my closet. You know, the pair at the bottom of the pile waiting for "some day" - well I tried them and they fit!!! These jeans were way to small about a month ago and since the scale has been really moving slowly lately, I thought I was dreaming big even trying them. I can definitely feel my core strength muscles getting stronger too. Must have been building muscle when I thought I'd hit a plateau.

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    This week, I pulled on a pair of jeans I haven't worn in almost 10 years, and they fit. They didn't zomg pull yank fit, they just slid on, and fit. Today, I pulled a shirt out of my closet I've never worn. Someone bought it for me, and it was way too small. Today, it fit, and I got compliments on it!!!

The best thing lately? I was working in the barn, and one of the other horsemen came up behind me and said "girl, you're changing shape". I could have swooned from happiness.

Its happening!! Its really happening!!!
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

Paleofan is offline Senior Member
    I just want to say that I have been low carb since January and Primal since March. Lost no weight, but 3 inches off my waist. I'm 48, female, 5' 3", and really only have about 10 lbs that I wanted to lose. Happy with the results, but confused why I wasn't losing some weight. Then it hit me, maybe too much liquid fat. Nuts and cheese weren't my issue. It was coconut milk and oil in my 2 mugs of coffee. Just in my coffee, I was consuming 50 grams of fat before lunch. That was on top of eggs, bacon, etc. I dropped down to 14 grams of coconut milk fat a morning and have dropped 4 lbs this month. I eat 1700 - 2200 calories a day, 100 grams fat per day, desk job, 2 4 mile runs per week, 2 20 minute strength trainings per week. Active with gardening, etc. on the weekends. My guess was my body had ample fat supplied so was not burning enough of the stored fat. Hopefully this post can resonate with someone else that is stuck.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    After ten years of serious insomnia, for five of those rarely getting above four hours of uninterrupted sleep, doing sleep studies, and trying everything, improvement came with primal, but still woke 2-3 times a night. With retirment I was able to deal with polyphasic sleep, but still felt I wasn't getting adequate rest. Then a bit over two weeks ago I started the Leptin protocol on a whim (still primal diet) of 50g protein breakfast within 30minutes if waking, 2-3 meals, no snacking, no food 4 hours before bed. I have had consistently 6-7 hours of uninterrupted sleep which is simply wonderful. My energy is so much better. No one who's not struggled with chronic insomnia can appreciate what this sudden sleep correction means to me. A pure triumph via serendipty.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Happy2Fly is offline Junior Member
    I just put on a pair of shorts that I haven't been able to button in 3 years, and they fit like a glove! I discovered primal in February, and since then, I have probably dropped well over 20 lbs and 2%BF. I'm 31 years old and officially weigh less than I did when I graduated from high school!

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Saw the doctor today. Lab work is still pending, but my vites are great:

Weight - stable at 295.
    Pulse - 62 bpm.
    Blood sugar (taken at the office and not-fasting) - 85.
    Blood pressure: 122/72.

BOOYAH.

Also, my 48 jeans are loose and I need to use a belt to keep them up.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

rkj1969 is offline Senior Member
    Excellent results, Griff!! Congratulations!
    ~Rhonda

"Do or do not do, there is no try" - Yoda

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Saw the doctor today. Lab work is still pending, but my vites are great:

Weight - stable at 295.
    Pulse - 62 bpm.
    Blood sugar (taken at the office and not-fasting) - 85.
    Blood pressure: 122/72.

BOOYAH.

Also, my 48 jeans are loose and I need to use a belt to keep them up.
    Fantastic! So glad to see your numbers are this good.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism