Page 93 of 189 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast

Thread: Share a triumph! page 93

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I did three dead-hang muscleups on a bar yesterday. I did my first one about a year ago, but I had to swing like crazy. I haven't really been practicing them, but yesterday I just decided to go for it and I was pleasantly surprised. I'm going to start working on them more so I can do them for reps.

Drain Bead is offline Senior Member
    FINALLY lost a cup size, after 6 months of overall weight loss. I was a 40H when I started and am now a 38G. The only problem is that I'm losing band size faster than cup size--I could probably fit into a 36, but finding a 36G is problematic. I can't wait until I hit my goal weight...reduction and lift, here I come! I was an F before pregnancy and a year of nursing, at the same weight I am now. It's the only part of me that isn't smaller at the same weight as I was pre-pregnancy.

PixieKitten is offline Senior Member
    I bought a UK size 6 dress today. In fact, I bought 4 new day dresses today. I feel so girly(I'm a grungey girl) but I love the fact that the size 6 one is only a little too small around the boobs, because i don't have a none push-up bra that won't show through it xD
    Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

ToniWA is offline Senior Member
    The 2 gallon candy dish (I'm not exaggerating) in the area I walk past 100x/day (I'm exaggerating) was refilled today and I haven't had any.
    1,000 points for Toni

mixie is offline Senior Member
    Triumph by proxy: my half-assed primal husband somehow misplaced fifteen pounds in about three weeks. I'm steadfastly refusing to weigh myself because I'm a total weenie about it. We don't own a scale, but he hopped on at the vet's office last week.
    However! My own triumph, I am loving like hell the PB directive to spend some time in the sun every day. I started by lolling around in the yard with a book on my lunch breaks, but that evolved into a serious resolution to up the ante with my little "urban homestead" this year. So! In that spirit, I've so far: potted a crazy bunch of herbs, planted all kinds of veggies and greens, gave some love to my grape vines and got them re-arranged, took a hatchet to my cherry, plum, and snowbell trees and whupped them into shape, moved a medium-sized lilac into a happy new home, cleared the jungle along side the garage and set up a proper, living compost pile (as opposed to the "pile of discarded vegetation" that's always been there), thinned out the dead blackberry canes and tidied up the thicket, and set up a spot to plant some asparagus crowns. *Whew*! I made a point to do everything the "hard" way and used a hatchet (which, if you haven't tried it, let me tell you it's *super* fun) and pitchfork for everything, instead of gas-powered tools. I swear, I'd never have had the energy or inspiration to get so much done out there without the PB. It's a nice way to get my sunshine and love my green space a little more every time I visit it.
    My next evil plot is to get a cattle tank and some local pond mud and set up a little mini-eco system with a few fish and some watercress and irises. Then I want some yard ducks for eggs =).

Somewhere along the way I dug out some drawstring pants I haven't seen in years. They looked small to me but I had to cinch 'em up to keep them on, that feels good. Also, and this is horrible, but I have started wearing (gasp) tank tops while working in my back yard. I will definitely not be doing this in public any time soon, but I figure anyone peeking through the fence gets whatever they deserve by looking ;0)

Grock on, PB-ers! Cheers to everyone's joys.
    Last edited by mixie; 06-10-2011 at 04:50 PM.
    “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
    - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

MvEssen is offline Senior Member
    Today my scale reported a weight 20kg (44lb) under the weight when I started primal! =D
    In just 16 weeks!

marthat is offline Senior Member
    I went away to a Provincial Special Olympics Floor Hockey Championship this weekend. 5 hour drive, staying with friends, two long days at the tournament as a fan, 5 hour drive home late last night. With a bit of planning re bringing my own food, extending my meal times (didn't lunch till 3 p.m. one day), and eating the chicken salad out of a (very fresh) bun, I ate primal all weekend.

And the scale is DOWN one lb from where I started 4 days ago!! After a road trip! Imagine!!
    Last edited by marthat; 06-12-2011 at 09:27 AM.

Nion is offline Senior Member
    I can fit into Levi's off the rack now! No plus size brands or nuthin'!!

Excuse me while i squeal like a little spaz.
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Today I'm wearing jeans for the first time in years. That means that not only have I lost weight, but I've also reduced my bloating/pain to a level where my waist is in some kind of proportion to by ass and legs. Woohoo!!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

randamom is offline Junior Member
    Congratulations! 10 inches is awesome...you are SO MUCH healthier because of it! Keep it up!