Page 9 of 189 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Share a triumph! page 9

jmc1979 Guest

Shop Now

I went to an annual party this weekend where the host's sister makes the best homemade mini cupcakes. Last year I seriously ate at least 20 of the cupcakes. This year....none.....they even were ribbing me because I would not have one, and I did not cave to the pressure. I was so proud of myself....

PrimalWannabeGirl is offline Senior Member

Woke up this morning, had to take Elder Son to a bowling tournament. It was early in the morning, I was not hungry. I packed a little bit of Kerrygold cheddar cheese and some almonds to take with me.

Got to the place---an hour away from home----realized I'd forgotten the snack I packed. No big deal. Yes, I got hungry, but it wasn't that maniacal GOTTA EAT RIGHT NOW I'd gotten used to. So I waited until I got home, and just had 'breakfast'. That was an easy 17 hour fast. No headaches, no dizziness, no wooziness.

Sooze

Vick is offline Senior Member

I've now lost 40 lbs since starting primal.

I just had my best blood pressure reading yet 140 / 95. Still no meds.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Congrats and well played, Vic.

You are an inspiration!

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member

I've gone from 36/32" jeans to 32/32" jeans.

I have a resting pulse of about 50-55, my blood pressure is 120/80. When doing intense workout the highest pulse I've seen is 184 - without discomfort.

My weight have gone from 220 lbs to 180 lbs. I frequently fast for more than 18 hours.

My nails are harder, my beard denser, my eyes clearer (the white is bluish), my skin softer and clearer, I can walk faster and longer without getting out of breath, I am no longer tired in the afternoon, I sleep better and I get a lot of impressed comments for my physique.

My blood values, 3 months ago - doctors comment: "Impressive!"

B-Hb: 15,6 g/100 mL

S-Natrium: 140 mmol/L

S-Kalium: 4,3 mmol/L

S-Kalsium: 2,42 mmol/L

S-Magnesium: 0,85 mmol/L

S-ASAT: 29 U/L

S-ALAT: 47 U/L

fS-Glukose: 4,8 mmol/L

fS-Triglyserider: 0,43 mmol/L

S-Kolesterol: 3,5 mmol/L

S-HDL-kolesterol: 1,1 mmol/L

S-LDL-kolesterol: 2,1 mmol/L

All this in six months. Never felt better, and haven't been this healthy since a young adult - 25 years ago.

Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

That's great man. Can't wait to see what happens say year 3 of being primal... probably be down to 34s

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

Helloooooo second row of abs, and helloooo obliques! I don't believe we've met.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Vick is offline Senior Member

That's funny.

jennf is offline Senior Member

This morning I put on pants I haven't worn in a couple weeks and they were too big! So I put on a pair that had been too small previously and they fit perfect.

I've lost less than 5 lbs., but my body is obviously changing shape. Love it!

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member

Recent Triumph. Sleeping through the night for once. I have had trouble sleeping ever sinc ei returned from Iraq. For years I have managed only 4-5 hours of shut eye per night and it was killing me. For the last three weeks with going Primal I have started to sleep more and more. Last night I finally slept a full 8 hours and feel brand new again.

Not too mention I have gotten back down to HS weight in as little as three weeks. I was never obese but I'm finally starting to see those abs again. Hello beautifuls.

Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

Page 9 of 189 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast