Page 82 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast

Thread: Share a triumph! page 82

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Today is my third day without Diet Coke! It was the last thing I needed to kick out of my diet and I can't believe I've finally done it! I'm just drinking water with my lunch instead. No craving!

Nion is offline Senior Member
    Ok it may not be much but for YEARS it's been impossible for me to lose weight. Recently i got a benign lump removed (i still think it was hindering me but w/e) so i thought, he why not start anew. So three weeks ago ish, i started primal. I have lost 7.7lbs so far, holy crap!! i have never been able to lose weight this fast (or at all for that matter, unless i was seriously ill).

It doesn't sound like much but it is for me! I'm getting stronger and toned too, and my pants are falling around my bum!

Herbwifemama is offline Senior Member
    So when I found out I was pregnant with my first, I needed to get some intermediary clothes. I went to the store and bought two skirts, in a couple sizes larger than my prepregnant size. After having the baby, I found that they fit fine, and I really ate my words: "OMG, this is SO HUGE on me!" Well, I haven't worn it in a really long time, cause I didn't really think it looked all that good on me (nothing did, really), and today, I pulled it out and its still wearable, but it's a lot larger than before! I'm usually one to day, "oh, the elastic must be going", but in this case, that's really hard to do. Anyway, for the first time EVER, I needed the drawstring to hold these up.

Also, my hip measurements match my starting waist measurement. That's a bit mind blowing.
    Last edited by Herbwifemama; 05-05-2011 at 01:13 PM.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Today is my third day without Diet Coke! It was the last thing I needed to kick out of my diet and I can't believe I've finally done it! I'm just drinking water with my lunch instead. No craving!
    I've had a hard time staying off the dc. At least when I do break down, I make sure I have some nuts or other fat/protein. I seem to get 2-3 weeks under my belt, then cave. But I'm way better than the old days of 2-3 a day.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

OperaDivaMom is offline Senior Member
    I saw a friend yesterday for the first time since starting my new WOE, and she said I looked different, healthier. Yay for not being skinny fat and malnourished!

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    After a month of wall and knee push-ups, I just did my first real push-up!!

Is it too geeky of me to run around the room screaming "F*&K YEAH! OMG OMG!"

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    I fell off my horse today (he had a buck or two in him), and while it knocked the wind out of me, I got back on. It may not sound related, or sound like much, but its HUGE. I felt ok enough to get back at it, and recovered my wind and strength well enough to keep riding.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    After a month of wall and knee push-ups, I just did my first real push-up!!

Is it too geeky of me to run around the room screaming "F*&K YEAH! OMG OMG!"
    It is not. Scream away. It would also be appropriate to high-five all the furniture in the room, and conclude with a little happy-dance.

Beastman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    It is not. Scream away. It would also be appropriate to high-five all the furniture in the room, and conclude with a little happy-dance.
    that's how I'm gonna be when I do my first real pullup. rock on!
    Quote Originally Posted by runnergal View Post
    You just didn't define Healthy Whole Grains properly. Many steak recipes refer to cutting "against the grain" when slicing. Therefore beef has grains. If you eat everything on your plate, you have eaten the whole thing. Eating an entire steak is eating healthy whole grains.

Meg-a-Tron is offline Senior Member
    Last night I got some ice cream from one of those cold stone places, it was disgustingly yummy, as I'm paying some lady behind me gasps and says "how do you eat something like that, you're so tiny?!?"

I felt very good haha.
    Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
    Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
    Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
    Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout