Page 81 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: Share a triumph! page 81

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Robynbee View Post
    I'm usually around a size 6, which is pretty great, but since I've gone Primal it's like my body has kind of shifted (in a good way). I went to buy jeans the other day, a task which I had been putting off forever because I hate trying on clothes, and I tried on a size 6 first....then a size 4....and then a size 2. Holy man, I haven't been that size since I was about 11. And my ass looks amazing.
    Fours are getting loose on me. I'm not sure where I'm going to shop if they get too loose. Kohls (one of my favorite stores) doesn't seem to have anything smaller than 4 in Misses. I really don't want to shop in Juniors. I'm a little old for that.

MaBelle is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by starrchilde View Post
    Back in March I was able to buy a size smaller jeans after six months on WW, today I was able to pull those jeans down without unbuttoning or unzipping them!
    AMAZING - congrats!! And I like this thread, too.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by starrchilde View Post
    today I was able to pull those jeans down without unbuttoning or unzipping them!
    It's a cool Primal parlour trick, innit?
    (I'm in that club, too!)
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Polecatz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mixie View Post
    That was the very first change I noticed with going grain-free. Within 48 hours all my horrific acid reflux and associated nausea stopped cold. It was a drastic change. I'd somehow gotten used to living with that state of affairs as "normal", going through whole bottles of Tums maximum-strength tablets every couple of weeks. But yeah, two days in I suddenly realized that I hadn't woken up with a throat full of stomach acid in the middle of the night, or gotten up queasy in the morning since the last day I ate my last bowl of whole barley.

And since then, I had one cheat day with a single slice of pizza for lunch and a bowl of popcorn after dinner, and woke up viciously nauseated with my tonsils bathing in stomach acid for the first time since going Primal. For me it's 100% grain. Not sugar, definitely grains.
    God its defo grains for you and I reckon it was for me too. The way your body reacted shows that grains are poison to you. The thing is, when we eat grains they never seem to get the blame for anything cos mostly we don't eat them on their own - they are always accompanying meat and dairy - like Lasagne would always give me reflux and I blamed the "rich" meat. Plus people think that grains are harmless, benign. And grains are in everything so they hide away and you don't think, oh its our trusted friend, flour, causing this. So I never thought it was grains causing it and people were telling me it was meat or dairy and "I thought oh it must be then". The thought of bread makes me feel sick now. I haven't eaten wheat pasta for about 18 months apart from when I stayed at my parents' and when I look back I had to raid their cupboard for Gaviscon while I was there.

This is gross but I used to get it so bad that I'd lean over the bath to wash my hair and I'd get reflux and the acid would come up and out of my nose I used to have to carry Gaviscon around with me all the time.

Meg-a-Tron is offline Senior Member
    I... am at my lowest weight since my high school boyfriend and I split.

Farfalla is offline Senior Member
    12 pounds off after my first Whole30. Maybe far from impressive (at least considering all the remaining pounds) but I am still happy.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Farfalla - Congrats on your first whole 30! That's twelve pounds closer to where you want to be and sometimes things speed up after you make one of those milestones. Imagine 12lbs gone every month - now that'll add up quickly! Soon you'll be noticing all the things you used to not be able to do are much easier or just plain possible. Don't compare - be happy for you!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    Fours are getting loose on me. I'm not sure where I'm going to shop if they get too loose. Kohls (one of my favorite stores) doesn't seem to have anything smaller than 4 in Misses. I really don't want to shop in Juniors. I'm a little old for that.
    Welcome to my world. Try Old Navy, Dillards, Target, Ross, and Express. They all carry 2s.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Meg-a-Tron is offline Senior Member
    I hit the 130s today!! I never thought I'd see the day haha.
    Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
    Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
    Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
    Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

Hilliebee is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    True story... I have been fully primal for exactly... Five days. I have a long and sordid past when it comes to weight and diet/eating disorders. Anyway, so today after lunch (a grilled zucchini, a grilled summer squash and some sausage) I was sitting at my desk and noticed that my belt felt a little bit snug. I thought "oh no! This primal diet is backfiring! I'm getting fat! Wait, maybe I just need to pee..." so I go to the bathroom and discover that when I put my belt on this morning I automatically fastened it in the FOURTH hole, not the THIRD hole, which is where I had been forever on this belt! So indeed, after lunch, it may have felt a little snug, but to slip into the fourth hole after five days? Incredible.