Page 80 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast

Thread: Share a triumph! page 80

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by primalprincess7 View Post
    Finally found a doctor who listened and is going to treat me for my hypothyroidism. I can't wait to see the results now that I will be treating my thyroid!
    yay - you will feel sooo much better!
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Polecatz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyt View Post
    i havent had an antacid in 2 months, I used to eat half a pack a day.
    You know what I used to get terrible reflux and I don't any more and I never even made the connection. I worked out that I got it from eating too fast or not sitting still and not digesting properly but I could never work out what foods were causing it. Maybe it was grains or sugar? I'm going to keep a look out now cos people were saying oh its meat causing it and I never even used to eat that much meat I am wondering if it was actually sugar that was to blame.

mixie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Polecatz View Post
    You know what I used to get terrible reflux and I don't any more and I never even made the connection. I worked out that I got it from eating too fast or not sitting still and not digesting properly but I could never work out what foods were causing it. Maybe it was grains or sugar? I'm going to keep a look out now cos people were saying oh its meat causing it and I never even used to eat that much meat I am wondering if it was actually sugar that was to blame.
    That was the very first change I noticed with going grain-free. Within 48 hours all my horrific acid reflux and associated nausea stopped cold. It was a drastic change. I'd somehow gotten used to living with that state of affairs as "normal", going through whole bottles of Tums maximum-strength tablets every couple of weeks. But yeah, two days in I suddenly realized that I hadn't woken up with a throat full of stomach acid in the middle of the night, or gotten up queasy in the morning since the last day I ate my last bowl of whole barley.

And since then, I had one cheat day with a single slice of pizza for lunch and a bowl of popcorn after dinner, and woke up viciously nauseated with my tonsils bathing in stomach acid for the first time since going Primal. For me it's 100% grain. Not sugar, definitely grains.
    “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
    - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

Robynbee is offline Senior Member
    I'm usually around a size 6, which is pretty great, but since I've gone Primal it's like my body has kind of shifted (in a good way). I went to buy jeans the other day, a task which I had been putting off forever because I hate trying on clothes, and I tried on a size 6 first....then a size 4....and then a size 2. Holy man, I haven't been that size since I was about 11. And my ass looks amazing.

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    I had to drop my thyroid medication - it is now lower than it has been in years
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

aktres is offline Senior Member
    New pants, size 6!

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Man, I've had so many triumphs lately that I can't even post them all without it seeming like I'm bragging.

Congrats to all.

(BTW, my acid reflux was also the very first thing to go when I went Primal, too.)
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    Man, I've had so many triumphs lately that I can't even post them all without it seeming like I'm bragging.
    Let the bragging begin. Let us live vicariously through your triumphs!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

geostump is offline Senior Member
    No allergy or asthma flare ups since early March! Clothes are starting to get bigger. More energy, starting to awake without an alarm clock.

starrchilde is offline Senior Member
    Oh, I like this thread!

First I have to preface this with saying I started at 306, so I have a LONG way to go and I acknowledge that some of this is water weight.

That said, I'm on day 13 and I've lost 13 pounds.
    Back in March I was able to buy a size smaller jeans after six months on WW, today I was able to pull those jeans down without unbuttoning or unzipping them!
    ~ Chris

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life.

When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didn’t understand the assignment.

I told them they didn’t understand life.
    — John Lennon