Page 78 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast

Thread: Share a triumph! page 78

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Sounds minor, but it's not - I've lost enough fat that I can lean forward and place my elbows on my knees and my chin in my hands, and not have pain or trouble breathing. It's SO relaxing to sit this way.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

zsadie is offline Senior Member
    A small thing, but no less of an accomplishment especially where I've been emotionaly the last two months. I'm back on track today, and I feel motivated again.
    "Achievement begins with belief."

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson-

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread27309.html

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    I don't feel like I look out of place in the gym.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Reading Griffs triumph (able to put elbows on knees and rest head in hands) had me trying some contortions of my own and I discovered I could cross my legs - "like a lady" - and be comfortable and sit that way! Silly stuff - fat gats in the way in so many places. I feel like a kid playing "can you do this" challanges with my self. Hey - maybe I'm learning how to play like a kid again - just for fun! Anybody else have trouble just playing like a kid?

Rud3d0g is offline Senior Member
    Hello all - today is my 38th birthday, I had my physical yesterday and just got the results from my blood work. I also had a chance to compare my pre-primal and post primal results and I can only call this year a triumph for my health - before I put down the numbers I would like to thank all of you for keeping me motivated to stick with the primal way of life.

First off my doc has offically put it in my charts that I reversed my type 2 diabeties! Completely cured - no longer insulin resistant becuase of the primal diet.
    Next off the list is hyper tension: last year WITH Verapamil and hydrochlorot my blood pressure ranged from 150-175 over 90-100. I stopped both meds in the fall after a few months of primal and now it ranges from 100-115 over 65-75. Yesterday hyper-tension was removed from my charts! Ive had high blood pressure since I was 13 years old - unfraggin real.
    The doc was very impressed with those changes - the physical changes are even more dramatic:
    last year - 278 pounds, waist 48 inches and body fat 38%
    yesterday 203 pounds, waist 32 inches and body fat 9% (I have visable abs for the first time in my life!)
    I then told him about the the primal diet and I guess paleo is starting to go main stream because he didn't freak when I told him about it -I have been worried about my lipid panel due to the amount of saturated fat I eat (I sometimes eat upwards of 5 pounds of rare red meat on squat/deadlift days and have been known to down up to a dozen eggs in a day) To my surprise my doc told he EXPECTED my numbers to be down with my high fat diet - this from a Kaiser doctor - times are a changing people! I just got e-mailed the results:
    last year / now
    Cholesterol 204 139
    HDL 34 57
    LDL 128 69
    Triglyceride 211 67
    Cholesterol, non-HDL 170 82

so much for Ansel Keys B.S. lipid hypothisis!

Agian I would like to thank all you that post in this forum for the support - and I would like any of you just starting out to see the kind of differance 1 year of primal can make- grok on!
    "First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do" - Epictetus

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    Yay Rud3dog! What an awesome bunch of triumphs that is!
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

llewin is offline Member
    Just made myself a fantastic Primal breakfast of eggs, sausage and sauteed onions with lots of butter and cream cheese... and to top it off, pulled out a box of pants from storage that didn't use to fit me. What size was I wearing a month ago when I started this lifestyle? 50x32. What size fits me now? 46x32. BOO YAH BABY!!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rud3d0g View Post
    Hello all - today is my 38th birthday, I had my physical yesterday and just got the results from my blood work. I also had a chance to compare my pre-primal and post primal results and I can only call this year a triumph for my health - before I put down the numbers I would like to thank all of you for keeping me motivated to stick with the primal way of life.

First off my doc has offically put it in my charts that I reversed my type 2 diabeties! Completely cured - no longer insulin resistant becuase of the primal diet.
    Next off the list is hyper tension: last year WITH Verapamil and hydrochlorot my blood pressure ranged from 150-175 over 90-100. I stopped both meds in the fall after a few months of primal and now it ranges from 100-115 over 65-75. Yesterday hyper-tension was removed from my charts! Ive had high blood pressure since I was 13 years old - unfraggin real.
    The doc was very impressed with those changes - the physical changes are even more dramatic:
    last year - 278 pounds, waist 48 inches and body fat 38%
    yesterday 203 pounds, waist 32 inches and body fat 9% (I have visable abs for the first time in my life!)
    I then told him about the the primal diet and I guess paleo is starting to go main stream because he didn't freak when I told him about it -I have been worried about my lipid panel due to the amount of saturated fat I eat (I sometimes eat upwards of 5 pounds of rare red meat on squat/deadlift days and have been known to down up to a dozen eggs in a day) To my surprise my doc told he EXPECTED my numbers to be down with my high fat diet - this from a Kaiser doctor - times are a changing people! I just got e-mailed the results:
    last year / now
    Cholesterol 204 139
    HDL 34 57
    LDL 128 69
    Triglyceride 211 67
    Cholesterol, non-HDL 170 82

so much for Ansel Keys B.S. lipid hypothisis!

Agian I would like to thank all you that post in this forum for the support - and I would like any of you just starting out to see the kind of differance 1 year of primal can make- grok on!
    Holy crap...that is one amazing year!!! Congratulations and regaining your health.....Very inspiring

PixieKitten is offline Senior Member
    I had to buy something to get change for the bus.. and didn't want anything! I usually just get sweets or something, but I actually. Didn't. Want them. Says the former sugar addict! I bought some 90% chocolate bars for my mum as an early easter present instead.. enought to get her through 4 months thanks to a 2 for £2.50 deal XD
    Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

mixie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rud3d0g View Post
    Hello all - today is my 38th birthday,

Happiest of birthdays--and cheers to you, sir!

PS: Best. Screenname. Evar. Shoutout to 80's kids!
    “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
    - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude