Page 72 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast

Thread: Share a triumph! page 72

StarStup is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've been trying to manage my blood pressure without medications (my doc is awesome about not prescribing meds if it can be controlled by diet!), a few months ago it was 143/95 and then I cut out processed foods and was able to bring it down to 120/80ish, then after being primal for a few weeks I checked it this morning and it was 92/64! The lowest I've ever seen it!

elwyne is offline Senior Member
    I'm at my goal weight. (for whatever that's worth.)

I have the top half of a six-pack.
    (I'm a chick & I'm fine with a little belly coverage - so I probably won't go for the whole 6.)

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    Congrats everyone! Elwyne, can you let me know how maintaining is going? I have 10-15 lbs to go, but I have had trouble with maintaining in the past and could use some encouragement from someone who is managing it.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

gojirama is offline Senior Member
    Oh, yay Milly!
    I bought some size 4 "wish" pants at Goodwill, (99cents!)- I can get them on but not quite close.
    elwyne-big congrats!

Today I noticed I just didn't want my lunch, and stopped eating it (I kid you not, it took me an hour to give myself permission to do that!). I finally ate a piece of celery with sunbutter at 3:30. I'm a bit hungry, but I can wait til supper (pork adobo).
    I never, ever thought I would IF.

Renae is offline Member
    My triumph is that I lost 20 lbs. More importantly, I went to the MD the other day and my blood pressure is in normal range and I don't need any medication. It's so amazing, because I have had high blood pressure for something like 12 years. Yeah for me!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I saw my rheumatologist today. He was thrilled with how great my joints looked In a few months we are going to consider reducing the LAST arthritis drug I am on (I was on 4 drugs when I started PB and still felt like crap every day)

On top of that, I got weighed while I was there I found out I have lost 45 lbs since August...I'm 5'2'' tall, so 45 lbs goes a long way. The medical assistant who checked me in actually asked if I had been pregnant at my last appointment I tried not to be too insulted.

PoeticPixe is offline Member
    Thanks for the inspiration Griff! I've been primal for about a month now. I have several triumphs to share. Firstly, my pants are looser (not quite down a size yet). As I have about 40 pounds left to lose , the weight is coming off pretty slowly (I lost 50 pounds miserably before starting PB). I feel awesome in general. I have loads more energy, and feel happier. Oh yeah, no more IBM! Primal living just makes perfect sense. I am so happy I stumbled across MDA and these forums, which led me toThe Primal Blueprint, and The Paleo Diet. Both were great reads and I can't wait to get my hands on more books pertaining to the subject. Anyways, you're doing fantastic! Congrats!
    Sleep is the best meditation.
    - H.H. 14th Dalai Lama

PoeticPixe is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    I saw my rheumatologist today. He was thrilled with how great my joints looked In a few months we are going to consider reducing the LAST arthritis drug I am on (I was on 4 drugs when I started PB and still felt like crap every day)

On top of that, I got weighed while I was there I found out I have lost 45 lbs since August...I'm 5'2'' tall, so 45 lbs goes a long way. The medical assistant who checked me in actually asked if I had been pregnant at my last appointment I tried not to be too insulted.
    Jammies, this is an incredible triumph. I've noticed positive changes with my MS as well. No more fatigue (which was luckily my worst physical symptom). Good luck on your journey! You are also very inspiring! I didn't realize I was posting on page 74 the first time (eek). I didn't realize how many inspirational stories came after Griff's triumph story. Congrats to everyone! Good luck with all of your endeavors!! Forgive my forum newbieness =p
    Sleep is the best meditation.
    - H.H. 14th Dalai Lama

JanuaryEmber is offline Senior Member
    I am officially down 10 pounds today woohoo! AND I fit into a pair of jeans that on Day 1 I could barely get over my hips and today I am wearing them! (day 25)
    "Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

mikeyt is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I was at a conference for the last 2 days with some guys I hadnt seen for 3 months (i went primal 2 months ago). In the last break before the end today, one of the guys came and asked me 'are you OK? you've lost loads of weight and we're worried you might be ill'