Page 70 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast

Thread: Share a triumph! page 70

PixieKitten is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    You made me so proud! Lamb is next on the agenda lol!
    Baha, thanks mum
    Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I found my fucking swagger! I lost it in 7th grade. I have it back.
    So in relation to normal 'swagger,' your 'fucking' swagger relates to what area of life...? And you lost it in seventh grade how...?

Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Lindsey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marplanauta View Post
    Great milestone for me today, my BMI is under 30, i am officially no longer obese
    Congratulations! What great news for you!

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marplanauta View Post
    Good to know you enjoy steaks again!

Great milestone for me today, my BMI is under 30, i am officially no longer obese
    Congratulations! You deserve a big steak for that!
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Lost seven pounds in March. Pretty happy about that.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member
    I did 20 squats! Without stopping!

Although hopefully at some point I can do squats until my legs tell me to stop, not the pounding of my heart... Damn you cardiovascular system!

mixie is offline Senior Member
    Hi everybody!
    I just wanted to say thanks to y'all for keeping this thread going--I've been working my way though it and reading a few pages every day for inspiration in my first few "Primal" weeks.
    Somebody said, way back in the thread, that they had been skeptical of all the stories but surprised themselves with their own incredible success. I really can't tell you all how much this thread is doing for me in terms of keeping me motivated to make every-day lifesaving decisions. I don't mean just in terms of food, but every element of the PB. Similar to that "97 benefits" post in the blog, I'm seeing my whole life with new eyes because of little things like proposing "play" dates playing frisbee with my husband in the park. Whether or not I ever lose a pound, I feel better and I'm happier than I ever have been. That alone is worth the price of admission.

Tiny triumph? My favorite pair of jeans were getting painfully tight. I can't say for sure whether I've actually shed anything, but I tried them on this morning and though they were a little snug, I didn't have any concerns about splitting any seams or anything. Maybe it's all in my mind... and I'm really trying hard not to get my hopes up, but no matter how my butt looks, I sure am happier and feel like I'll never have to look a pack of Tums in the eye again ;0)

Oh, and one other "triumph"--every CW attempt I made before at putting my health in order has very quickly paid into a horrific spiral of disordered eating. I just didn't feel well on low-fat, high-carb diets, and the more I tried to force myself into "good health" via vegan wisdom, etc, the worse I felt and the more I tortured myself for not being "good enough" to be fit and healthy eating huge volumes of whole grains, and the further and further I fell into anorexia and bulimia. It was a horrible, vicious cycle, and I would have killed myself if I'd put myself through it again. Here's the "triumph"--less than two weeks in to the PB and not only can I say that I haven't lost or restricted anything by cutting "neolithic" foods out of my diet, for the first time in my life, the way I feed and care for my body makes sense to me. It feels good, and right, and healthy, and I feel good, and right, and healthy. I feel calmer, and stronger, and sharper, too.

Thank you, all. From the bottom of my heart.
    Last edited by mixie; 04-02-2011 at 12:17 PM.
    “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
    - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

mixie is offline Senior Member
    *LOL* Cheers ;0)
    “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
    - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    I started PB around 3 weeks ago just for health and not trying to lose weight, but have lost about 2 lbs a week without even trying, which was a great triumph, but the over the top best one is that my daughter-in-law (25, not overweight and about 5'3") gave us a bag of hand me downs for my kids including a pair of jeans she couldn't fit anymore. I am 46 and 5'7" and I fit her cast off jeans! They are cute too, and I think I will keep them!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I know you are being a little bit funny here, but I find this super inspiring. I haven't really been able to put in to words what is missing in me but that is it!! I want my fucking swagger back!