Page 65 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast

Thread: Share a triumph! page 65

aktres is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Cleaning closets last night. Anyone need a size 12 Badgley Mischka cocktail dress? I won't be needing that anymore. Weirdly stable at 5'6", 132 lbs. Size 8 again, my normal size. As that Gary Taubes post explained, I've corrected my weight. I'm back to normal. Although I was once a size 6 so maybe I'll shoot for that! It's not so far off. I have a lot of clothes to give away though, and not much left to wear. Had a safety pin in the waistband of my skirt all day. I can live with that, though.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Was able to do TRX muscle-ups on Monday, from the floor! I've been doing TRX since last September (started PB in January) and couidn't even do one from a higher position. Still had to have the straight leg on the floor though.

fufonzo is offline Senior Member
    Weighed myself this morning and am at 204.4lbs (lowest I've been since high school). I'd been hovering at around 207lbs for a few weeks and hadn't been dropping. Read WWGF and decided to drop my carbs and go into ketosis. Within 3 days, I lost those 3 lbs.
    Hoping to get into the 190's by April then try to maintain. I'm 6'2/male so I don't want to go much lower than that.

But still, pretty friggin happy with my progress so far Will have to post pictures in the before/after thread soon.

darkersolace is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday, I began to notice that my bra band was being extra-slippy when I moved around, so I had to tighten it up a notch. And I didn't have that gross back-boob thing going on under my shirt when I did!
    I also picked up a 60-pound bag of sand in high heels without help. Not that I'll be making a habit of LHT while so well-shod, but I was happy nonetheless.
    5'6" 27 y/o female, Primal 6 months and counting.

CW: 160 -- in single-digit dress sizes for the first time in 12 years!

GW: 150 -- for swimsuit season

Deo
    Deo is offline Member
    You go girl!

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I made it a year on Primal. Lost nearly 20 lb (I didn't have much to lose to begin with,) kicked my suicidal depression to the curb, got my thyroid under control, got a defined stomach (still working on my linea alba), kicked some emotional stuff (not PB related), gained more endurance and speed and muscle mass, gained, not one, but 2 assloads of confidence, and learned more about how MY body works than I though possible.
    Talk about inspiration. What success. Kudos to you!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie B in MD View Post
    Talk about inspiration. What success. Kudos to you!
    Thanks! I'm still a work in progress, hence why I'm not in the before/ after thread, but even what I have done makes much of what I did before PB look futile.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

ScurvyDog is offline Member
    6 months for me: started at 292 now 253
    39lbs loss
    +1 inch gain in arms
    -4 inces in waist (38's are loose)
    -36 total cholesterol (now 187)

I wiil post pics soon but I still have 20lbs or more to go.

Karma is offline Senior Member
    After Knee surgery in July & going paleo in September *(dopping 20 pounds in the process), I did my first trail run 10K race yesterday. For the first time in my life I made the podium in my age group (3rd place - men 40-44yrs). Felt AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Accomplished one of my big stated physical goals for 2011: To walk through the farmers' market on opening weekend. First time I've been able to go in three long years. This day one year ago I was in the ICU. Lots of emotions right now.

edit: I bought myself some flowers (they didn't have any Tiger Lillies, tho) at the market.
    Last edited by TigerLily; 03-20-2011 at 12:08 PM.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates