Page 64 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Thread: Share a triumph! page 64

peacheater is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Congratulations Meg-a-Tron and everyone else! I can't wait to be a size 6. I bet that feels good!

Today I finally hit 160 lbs -- which represents a total of 53 lbs (!!!) lost since last January (using low carb) and 13 lbs since the beginning of this year (using primal and strength training). At 5'7'' that means I'm a pretty comfortable size 8 now!

nachobrawler is offline Senior Member
    As of today, I'm down 22 lbs since January 4th, 2011. I'm also down several inches in my waist...just haven't measured exactly yet (I need the wife to do that!). But I moved in two holes on my belt and my size 38 pants fall down without a belt on and with one they are bunched up from cinching them tighter.

All in all, quite the positive change in my life. And now Im looking to kick the diet soda habit once and for all here for lent. 40 days without them should hopefully go a long way towards ridding me of that nasty addiction altogether.

Oh and did I mention I am also completely free of dairy too? My other addiction....
    If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
    James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

rkj1969 is offline Senior Member
    awesome losses, everyone!!
    ~Rhonda

"Do or do not do, there is no try" - Yoda

crunchycon is offline Junior Member
    Have been primal just a couple of weeks and have lost only a couple of pounds so far. But the poochy abdomen that developed after my hysterectomy a few years ago already looks flatter and my waist is a smidge smaller, so yay for that.

On a different type of triumphal note, our department has a monthly "food day," in which employees bring goodies in -- a total carb-fest. You all will be proud to know that I surveyed that whole table of delicious goodies, thought to myself, "Nope, nothing here," walked away and DIDN'T feel deprived in the least. A sudden and swift change in mindeset.

SloGo is offline Member
    I love reading about all your successes - keeps me motivated!

I have been Primal since Jan 2011, going through W30 this month.

My office building keeps a always full jar of candy in every break room on every floor. This has been my downfall for a long time and I would make all kinds of excuses every afternoon to dip into it (and again and again and again). Today I realized that I have not done that in a month and can walk past it without even a thought of grabbing a piece. Interestingly, my daily late afternoon severe migraines are also gone. Have not needed a refill on migraine meds for a couple of months now (they are $40 for 9 pills!).

aktres is offline Senior Member
    Were you getting the migraines before or after the afternoon candy?

SloGo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aktres View Post
    Were you getting the migraines before or after the afternoon candy?
    They used to start out around 2-3pm(ish) as a nagging headache and I would think "low blood sugar" and start hitting the candy jar but they got worse towards the evening. Took me this long to put 2 and 2 together (doh!). They were especially bad when I would start my morning with a "wholesome" breakfast of cereal or pastry from Starbucks.

Interestingly, when I went to the doctor with that, she gave me a ton of literature on migraines - lots of "self-help" stuff in addition to meds, but NOTHING on laying off the sugar and carbs.

OneDeltaTenTango is online now Senior Member
    Here is a triumph I want to share: I have done pretty well on PB for the last 8 or 9 months. Gotten stronger, gotten lean. My weight is right where I want it. Blew my mind reading Good Cals/Bad Cals. then had dinner with a good friend who is obese, in her 40s, and going fast down the path of diseases of civilization. She has tried everything, including the usual array of starvation, no-fat diets. I talked late into one night about her struggles over time (note, really hard to as a lean person to have a frank and compassionate talk to a heavy person). I asked her to read the page in the epilogue of GC/BC where Taubes goes through a dozen or so summary conclusions. Anyway, long story short, based on that, on my success with PB, and one a dive into PB, she went Primal 3 weeks ago.

Thus far, she reports: 15 lbs lost, tons of energy (no crashes), clear headed, sleeping really well, never hungry, "shockingly painless", no food craving (occasional square of dark chocolate that takes care of any sugar craving), no heart racing (used to be frequent), no morning fog, no food obsessing, etc. etc.

She is cautiously optimistic that this might actually work and be sustainable. I am thrilled for the success she is achieving and keep reinforcing (nothing breeds success like success). Anyway, the triumph is all hers, but I am so happy to have been able to have introduced this to her.

One Delta Ten Tango

ps, most of the rest of my friends, especially some in medical profession, think I am too far gone to help.

Cassandra is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
    Thus far, she reports: 15 lbs lost, tons of energy (no crashes), clear headed, sleeping really well, never hungry, "shockingly painless", no food craving (occasional square of dark chocolate that takes care of any sugar craving), no heart racing (used to be frequent), no morning fog, no food obsessing, etc. etc.

She is cautiously optimistic that this might actually work and be sustainable. I am thrilled for the success she is achieving and keep reinforcing (nothing breeds success like success). Anyway, the triumph is all hers, but I am so happy to have been able to have introduced this to her.

One Delta Ten Tango

ps, most of the rest of my friends, especially some in medical profession, think I am too far gone to help.
    That's great for you and your friend!! It's great that someone recognized your results and happiness with this and followed instead of downing it. Hopefully the rest will follow along eventually.
    I learned a valuable lesson with the first steer I sent to slaughter. I should have named him Hamburger and not Snookers.

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post

One Delta Ten Tango

You've probably saved her life!

As for the medical profession, if I've broken a bone or need stitches I run to them with all confidence. But I know far too many fat, unhealthy doctors and nurses to have much faith in nutritional advice from that quarter.