Page 61 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 1887

Thread: Share a triumph! page 61

  1. #601
    Shijin13's Avatar
    Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    2,469
    Shop Now
    This morning I had 2 cups of coffee w/out my usual "Carmel flavored syrup"!!! This is such a BIG thing for me... I've finally gotten to a point where I don't need sugar in my coffee... its taken me since November of last year to wean off of it! I'm thrilled... 2 nice big cups of well steeped french press coffee with the Primal Coconut "Crack" creamer.... I'm in heaven! I can't believe I've finally kicked that sugar habit. Now the only sugar I eat comes from fruit - or a little honey I'll put on yogurt! WHOOT!!!!

    and on another note - stepped on the scale for my monthly weigh in... 2 more lbs have disappeared!

  2. #602
    Monty's Avatar
    Monty is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    254
    No more knee or lower back pain. That alone is worth it. Plus I'm down to 205# (15# drop since Oct 2010) and just as strong as I was years ago. Last time I dropped below 215, my bench press suffered...could barely press 190# (after years of pressing at 250 lbs +). Now, 5 sets of 200# feels like I can throw a loaded bar through the roof. Also, artificial or sugarry things make my mouth tingle and I get grossed out by it. Black coffee never tasted so good.

  3. #603
    mummybeelee's Avatar
    mummybeelee is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by skline2 View Post
    Did my first pull up this morning!
    Awesome!!
    I need to get a pull up bar. I am sure I am a long long way of achieving a pull up though. Go you!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shijin13 View Post
    This morning I had 2 cups of coffee w/out my usual "Carmel flavored syrup"!!! This is such a BIG thing for me... I've finally gotten to a point where I don't need sugar in my coffee... its taken me since November of last year to wean off of it! I'm thrilled... 2 nice big cups of well steeped french press coffee with the Primal Coconut "Crack" creamer.... I'm in heaven! I can't believe I've finally kicked that sugar habit. Now the only sugar I eat comes from fruit - or a little honey I'll put on yogurt! WHOOT!!!!

    and on another note - stepped on the scale for my monthly weigh in... 2 more lbs have disappeared!
    Amazing! Beating the sugar addiction is such an achievement. Feels so freeing!

    Great work everyone!

  4. #604
    skline2's Avatar
    skline2 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    137
    mummybeelee - I just got one those cheap pull bars for your door frame. It works quite well actually. I started with level 1 of PB pull up progression back in November. So, it's take a long time to get to just one. Today wasn't a work out day for me but I was walking on my treadmill this morning and felt like giving it a try.

  5. #605
    Annana's Avatar
    Annana is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Midlothian, Scotland
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    My shoulder finally stopped hurting!
    What sort of shoulder pain did you have? I get shoulder pains from carrying heavy things on my back; I think it has something to do with a stuck rotator cuff. It would be good if it could be fixed with primal.

  6. #606
    mummybeelee's Avatar
    mummybeelee is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by skline2 View Post
    mummybeelee - I just got one those cheap pull bars for your door frame. It works quite well actually. I started with level 1 of PB pull up progression back in November. So, it's take a long time to get to just one. Today wasn't a work out day for me but I was walking on my treadmill this morning and felt like giving it a try.
    I was going to buy one of those but hubby insists he is going to make one at work for us (he is a welder). He has another week and then I am hitting Amazon! lol!


    From level one in November to a full pullup in Feb sounds pretty amazing progress to me!
    Bee
    Newly primal mama. Taking my family along on the walk to a healthy, strong and happy primal life.
    Losing fat, building strength, having fun.
    My journal is here (please ignore my excessive use of exclamation points and smilies, I just can't help myself! )

  7. #607
    naiadknight's Avatar
    naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Odessa/ Midland, TX
    Posts
    12,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Annana View Post
    What sort of shoulder pain did you have? I get shoulder pains from carrying heavy things on my back; I think it has something to do with a stuck rotator cuff. It would be good if it could be fixed with primal.
    Mine was related to stress and a car wreck. Because of the way my shoulders're constructed, I have a very low (hopefully negligible) chance of ever hurting them, short of ripping my arm out of my socket.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

  8. #608
    Meg-a-Tron's Avatar
    Meg-a-Tron is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    412
    I have lost 6" around my navel since November 25th, and 1 5/8 from my waist. My waist and navel circumferences are much closer together now.
    Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
    Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
    Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
    Goal BF: 20%

    Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

  9. #609
    TornadoGirl's Avatar
    TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    tejas
    Posts
    543
    Wow, 6 inches! It never occurred to me to measure around my navel but I've lost about the same as you around my waist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg-a-Tron View Post
    I have lost 6" around my navel since November 25th, and 1 5/8 from my waist. My waist and navel circumferences are much closer together now.
    Today's triumphs: I got five pairs of pants out of my "skinny box". When I started primal,one of my minor goals was feeling comfortable in a tank top. It's unseasonably hot here and I wore a tank top to the park without feeling self conscious about fat arms
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

  10. #610
    pfair143's Avatar
    pfair143 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Macon, Ga
    Posts
    58
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Annana View Post
    What sort of shoulder pain did you have? I get shoulder pains from carrying heavy things on my back; I think it has something to do with a stuck rotator cuff. It would be good if it could be fixed with primal.
    You may want to refer to a Trigger Point guide. (can be found on the internet using this search term or books from the library). Last year for some reason that I have not been able to figure out, my upper inside arms were becoming "frozen". I could literally feel a numbness creeping in while at the same time, it hurt like hell to move them. I could not even reach behind to unhook my bra. I went from using 50 to 60 pound weights at gym to just using the motions with no weight and was literally in pain, but I was afraid to stop at least trying to keep them in motion.

    Found a Trigger Point guide and literally within 2 massages (which you or an other can do easily) felt the numbness receding. Believe it or not, the trigger point for the front part of my arms where the biceps are located is actually in the back of my upper shoulders.
    When you find the trigger point you will definitely know; it feels like a stone bruise. Just massage that area with your fingertips for a couple of minutes with not much pressure. Hurts so good!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •