Page 60 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Thread: Share a triumph! page 60

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by shat View Post
    We've had some warm weather here and I wore a pair of sandals last night that I hadn't worn since starting primal. They were huge. So, even my feet have lost weight/bloat. Guess I will have to go shopping again. *sigh*

Is it possible to shrink leather sandals (the strap part)? Maybe by getting them wet?
    http://www.ehow.com/how_4894185_shri...her-shoes.html

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    I got sidetracked by a very social weekend and then the leftovers from it, which I didn't want to waste. I had been sleep-deprived for a few days, but for the past few nights, even though I was catching up on sleep (~9 hours of sleep a night), I'd been waking up in the middle of the night and been waking up not feeling as well-rested throughout the day as I should given that amount of sleep. This morning I even slept through my alarm because I simply did not hear it, and woke up with sniffles and a slightly sore throat. Also had some weird shit going on in the bathroom (and my stomach was hurting in a gassy way yesterday).

I decided that I wanted to get back to fully primal NOW. I put the non-primal leftovers (sambar, a lentil dish that's been soaked and fermented, but still, it's legumes) in the freezer, where I found a lamb shoulder chop I'd cooked a while ago, which I nuked for breakfast. The immediate pickup in my energy and mood was incredible. Normally I feel a little nauseous eating lamb and lamb fat, but this time my body was just craving it. I even licked the lamb fat off the plate. I no longer feel sick either.

Although I hadn't been eating grains that much, and I'd avoided wheat... what I really needed for energy and a good mood was FATTY MEAT!!

Rapsodia is offline Junior Member
    First off, to everyone who shared --kudos to you all. Your stories and enthusiasm are amazing as well as inspiring. I was trying to think of some "big" thing to share and kept drawing a blank. Then I realised, I haven't had a hypoglycemic collapse in months. Yesterday I went 10 hours between meals and was OK --no flushing, brain fog, or collapse -- and I was helping someone move. So yay!

Oh, and my sister has decided to do 30 day primal challenge! That is a big triumph to me.

Herbwifemama is offline Senior Member
    My wedding rings fit again!

mummybeelee is offline Senior Member
    I LOVE this thread. The little triumphs along the way are wonderful to hear about

My own addition to this thread is that after starting with an obese BMI of 33 on 10th January, today I am down into the "overweight" category with a BMI of 29.99! Just passed that post! lol!

So happy to see those numbers heading in the right direction. Even happier that they are getting there in such a healthy, satisfying way. I am loving my food, enjoying my exercise and gaining muscle as well as losing body fat. I was struggling a bit the last few days with low energy, slightly low mood etc (PMT week. Blargh!) but this has given me a little boost again

I am 21lb lighter than my starting weight and if I can shed another 35lb, will be into the healthy weight category. While the scale number isn't important compared to how I feel, how my clothes fit etc, those numbers give me a guide and for the first time it feels possible that I might once again be a healthy weight!

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbwifemama View Post
    My wedding rings fit again!
    Me, too! I'm hypothyroid and myxedema is one of the major symptoms. My hands were always so swollen I had to give up wearing my rings at one point. Before starting PB I was at the point where I could get them on and off with difficulty and my fingers looked like little sausages. This particularly bugged me since I'd always had rather long, graceful hands. Within a week, my rings were going on and off with ease. The few times I've had grain since starting, the first thing I notice is that my rings get tight.

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    I was wearing a pair of Liz Claiborne size 12 jeans in November when I started primal. The last time I wore them a few weeks ago, my husband was laughing because when I bent over they were falling off of me. He was teasing me about having plumber's butt. I just wore my new jeans, exact same kind, today and they are a size 8
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, Kenn and Hilary, for the sandal tips. These do not have buckles, but I am going to try to shrink them with water or vinegar as the ehow article stated. I have donated a lot of too big clothes but I really like these and they are pretty new. It's a good problem to have and I'm not complaining!
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

skline2 is offline Senior Member
    Did my first pull up this morning!

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    My shoulder finally stopped hurting!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome