Page 6 of 189 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Share a triumph! page 6

groquette is offline Senior Member

The Hug Test seriously brought tears to my eyes. What fantastic achievements all around!

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Wow, Griff!!!

This makes me a little misty, myself. Thanks for sharing this awesome moment with us <3

allie Guest

Griff, that is so awesome. Your latest triumph put a big smile on my face...

My latest focus is to try and be in tune with my body. Eating when I&#39;m hungry, eating the foods that my body craves and stopping when I&#39;m satisfied.

I think this connection (that we&#39;re all born with) is such a huge part of being healthy. But with (CW) dieting and some emotional eating in the past, I&#39;ve really been out of touch with this natural ability.

I just had some breakfast this morning - some plain yoghurt, ground flaxseed and a few blueberries. It was yummy and nutritious, but even though I was filled up I didn&#39;t feel right. I didn&#39;t feel satisfied/my body was craving something else.

So then I made a few eggs, scrambled with some leftover roast chicken and fresh chopped tomato (from Dad&#39;s garden). I drizzled on a little madadamia oil on top. Then I had it with a side of leftover veggie soup I made yesterday.

It was awesome. So delish, so satisfying.. and it hit the spot! And you know what? This time I felt so content (not just physically full) that I put my fork down halfway and set aside the rest for later. That&#39;s something I haven&#39;t done in a long time.

Sorry for the ramble...! I know this seems like such a small thing. It&#39;s huge for me though; I felt like I&#39;m finall starting to have a real connection with my body that never would have been possible before embracing the PB.

kongluirong is offline Junior Member

It&#39;s awesome reading everyone&#39;s successes! Today I didn&#39;t have anything non-primal. For the past week I had been craving chocolate a lot. I had a cup of hot cocoa to curb that, with a small piece of dark chocolate. Today I didn&#39;t have to have that. So hopefully next month I won&#39;t have that chocolate craving.

SocraticMethod is offline Junior Member

Great job, Griff (and everyone). I had a small but nice victory on Saturday. I went to my fiance&#39;s niece&#39;s 6th birthday party. There was baked ziti with sausage, crescent rolls, a ton of cookies, cake, and some type of pastry roll. I had some sausage taken out of the ziti dish and coffee. A month ago I&#39;d have had 5 cookies, a piece of cake, and as many crescent rolls as I could stuff in my mouth before anyone noticed. The crescents were actually the only thing that even tempted me.

I had made myself a grass-fed, organic filet mignon in the late afternoon so I wouldn&#39;t go in hungry, and had some tuna and cheese afterward.

Squirrel Jo is offline Junior Member

This is such a great thread. Congratualtions on your achievements Griff, you really are an inspiration.

My triumph is my taste buds are changing, no longer craving breakfast cereals or bread and last weekend I chucked out all my non-primal baking ingredients (baking is my favourite hobby). A big change for me!

PrimalK is offline Junior Member

Everyone&#39;s doing so well, I love this thread!

On Saturday, I met up with some people I hadn&#39;t seen for several weeks. They all complimented me on my new figure and one of the guys told me I looked sexy!!!! I can&#39;t remember the last time I was told that (except by my OH!).

And you know what? You better believe I look sexy!!

Vick is offline Senior Member

Aug 1 I weighted 234. I set a goal of 180 lbs. Today I hit the scales at 207. I&#39;m half way there.

misathemeb is offline Member

um sort of a triumph lol. i&#39;m getting 3 dozen eggs for free today from someone my dh works with that raises chickens for a living. i know what i&#39;ll be having for dinner tonight!

Shazkar is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

hooah deadlifted 225

i feel like a big boy

Page 6 of 189 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast