Page 54 of 189 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Share a triumph! page 54

Herbwifemama is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Oh, and they just sent me my A1C:

5.2, with a note: "You are NOT diabetic."

BOOYAH, BABY.
    I'll repeat that too! Zomgfinawesomeaweome!

Does losing 4.5 inches in three weeks count? That's something, right? Something? Cause when I look in the mirror, I see no change. But tape measures don't lie, do they?
    Last edited by Herbwifemama; 01-29-2011 at 03:12 PM.

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    Wow. Such amazing triumphs. Griff, I'm understanding that primal has essentially cured your diabetes? That's so awesome. I felt like I was steadily cruising toward Type 2 diabetes (might have actually gotten there but I avoid doctors like the plague). Anyway, my roller coaster blood sugar is steady as can be. I don't test it but I can just tell. No symptoms whatsoever. I used to be one of the people who got a little crazy when I missed a meal but no more I may even start IFing some. Would never have even considered such a radical idea in the past.

TigerLily, I'm not aware of what your condition is but what a great triumph to be able to do something you haven't been able to do for three years. That's wonderful. Here's to many more trips to the mailbox
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

Rud3d0g is offline Senior Member
    1 YEAR tobacco free - after 24 years of 2-3 packs a day, I would call this one of my greatest triumphs - gained 15 pounds in 3 months and even that ended up positive - got me primal which led to so many crushed fitness goals it makes me laugh when I look back. The best thing about smoking was the sense of accomplishment and the will to go after any goal that came my way after quitting.

Edit: I quit after finishing "the easy way to quit smoking" by Allen Carr
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/140...SIN=1402718616
    Last edited by Rud3d0g; 02-01-2011 at 11:52 PM. Reason: added link to book that helped me quit
    "First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do" - Epictetus

olivetree is offline Member
    Had to buy a new belt yesterday....it was getting kind of annoying having to constantly pull my pants up in public
    Also feeling much, much, much more stable in terms of my mood...somebody bumping into me on the metro no longer equals me going home and spending an angst-ridden evening in my room cursing the world.....seriously

carlh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rud3d0g View Post
    1 YEAR tobacco free - after 24 years of 2-3 packs a day
    That is a great accomplishment, Rud3d0g. I applaud your commitment!

carlh is offline Senior Member
    I can nearly do two regular, real pullups, and then a few dozen various assisted pullups/australians/pushups until I get bored.
    Last edited by carlh; 02-09-2011 at 10:17 AM.

Mandolin is offline Senior Member
    Day 3 of strictly Primal kids (after a couple weeks of weaning)~I'm absolutely AMAZED by the change in attitude. I hope I'm not saying this prematurely, but there's no more whining, no more mood swings, they go to bed easier, they listen and do what I ask them to do. I'm just completely shocked and hopeful that it lasts
    Results Pics:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d6138-245.html

Mandolin's Primammalian Cave Wall

Vegetarian=an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter"

iHerb.com $5 off first order code: AMA998

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    That is awesome news Mandolin. My kids come back from their Dad's absolutely hyper and moody and just bloody awful to be around. Two Days back on Primal and they're the lovely, beautiful kids I know them to be. I just wish I didn't have to go through the transition every single week, but he won't listen to me

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Mandolin, Em, That is so inspiring. My guys are pretty old 15,13,&6, but with Asperger's syndrome and ADD in the mix, this is a change we have to make ASAP.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Mandolin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I just wish I didn't have to go through the transition every single week, but he won't listen to me
    Sorry~that doesn't sound fun at all

Mandolin, Em, That is so inspiring. My guys are pretty old 15,13,&6, but with Asperger's syndrome and ADD in the mix, this is a change we have to make ASAP.
    It's really unbelievable the difference it has made in our house. Good luck! At first we were met with resistance, but now...no complaints! Overall I'd say our transition time was about a month.
    Results Pics:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d6138-245.html

Mandolin's Primammalian Cave Wall

Vegetarian=an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter"

iHerb.com $5 off first order code: AMA998