Page 5 of 189 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Share a triumph! page 5

PrimalK is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

There's nothing like a clothing triumph, is there? Excellent! I bought a skirt which was slightly snug, 4 weeks ago. I put it on last week and the waistband was on my hips!

DebFM is offline Senior Member

Totally awesome, PK!

PrimalGoddess is offline Junior Member

Grok on giff

I am down 20 pds since 2nd week in August

but seem to be losing steam/motivation

due to plauteu from H.ell! oxox Darlene

groquette is offline Senior Member

When I started in August I had two pairs of jeans that I practically had to lay down on the bed to close - they were that tight.

Today those pants are very loose - and I can pull them off without unbuttoning them.

Shazkar is offline Junior Member

squatted 3x5 of 170lbs after failing for the last few times

i credit much of this to the cup of coffee i had before the gym

shalon is offline Junior Member

Way to go Griff & All!

Since starting in August with the primal challenge, I've lost the bloat in my stomach and continue to fit into smaller and smaller pants/jeans. There was an immediate result of me fitting a bit better into the clothes that I was wearing back in August because the bloat literally disappeared and my stomach kind of flattened.

I think it was 3 weeks ago that I tried on some cords that were form fitting in the hip/stomach area but still tight in the thighs. I have been on a plateau for what seems like 2 months now. Well, last night I had a pile of dirty laundry and had worn all of the pants/jeans that fit perfectly or were loose and needed something to wear out for dinner with friends. I tried on the cords thinking that it'd be a lost cause but then found that they were loose! Everywhere, thighs and hips. It's still kind of hard for me to believe since it all seems so effortless-I just keep eating primally and moving slowly. If I could just get my butt into gear and do some heavy lifting!!!

Also, it's a great feeling to put away jeans/pants that no longer fit and look ridiculous because you're swimming in them. Like others have said, there's no other feeling like it.

Griff is offline Senior Member

I have a funny triumph to share.

I've always been terrified of getting down on the ground, because it's always taken three people to get me back upon my feet. It's embarrassing.

Well, yesterday, when handing out the final exams to my students, I took a fall down the steps of the lecture hall and landed behind a student desk. Scared my students, of course, and hurt my arm a bit because it hit the back of the desk seat - but I was able to get up on my own with just a single student bracing me, instead of needing three strong guys to lift me to my feet. I'm getting stronger, lighter, and more flexible, or this wouldn't have been possible.

Even this embarrassing incident turned into a triumph!

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

emmcubed Guest

Excellent work, Griff. And a huge congratulations to everyone on each achievement since going primal.

I buy grassfed sirloins from a local rancher. They usually come in +/- 3 pound sizes. Last week I was explaining to my son exactly how much weight I've lost following the PB. "Ten of THESE," I said, holding up the steak I was about to thaw for the whole family.

In July 2008, I was 191. I didn't discover MDA until July 2009, but prior to, I had already begun limiting my carb intake and had tried to start eating better. I was, however, still eating legumes, some potatoes, and some sugar. I was still around 185 in July 2009, but as of this morning...I'm now officially calling it an achievement...I'm at 160.

Other positives:

I'm also a migraine sufferer. Well, I WAS a migraine sufferer. They're gone. No more Relpax refills at $25/pill to manage headaches.

Dry skin issues on thighs and upper arms? Practically gone as well.

Chronic fatigue? Nil.

My wife (who doesn't post here) is also down to her lowest weight since before our first child (twelve years ago). Her highest was 220 after giving birth to our second child (three years ago) and today she's in the low 160s with me.

Like many other posters, I can't imagine ever changing this lifestyle or going back to the way I used to be. Our common goal in my house is to now be more faithful to exercise. We've achieved this much on diet alone, just like Mark says.

Again, congrats all. Everyone here is an inspiration.

Sharonll is offline Senior Member

Wow! Congratulations to you and your wife. You're definitely an inspiration, too. Other than walking and frequent yard work, I'm not faithful to exercise either, but as physical symptoms begin to fade as a result of this WOE and weight loss, I'm looking forward to exercising more. It's gratifying to hear about your results from diet alone.

Griff is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

New triumph:

Yesterday night my 12-year-old daughter said "Let me see if I can hug you and touch my hands together behind your back" - which she's never been able to do before - and cheered when she could.

It brought home to me how much mass I've actually lost.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Page 5 of 189 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast