Page 49 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Share a triumph! page 49

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    I know what you mean. I was one who rolled my eyes at all the people coming out of the woodwork claiming to be celiac, and pooh-poohed anyone who wanted to "get rid of an entire food group." I had absolutely no idea all the things that would change in my body and in my mind when I kicked grains to the curb.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Zigmund555 is offline Junior Member
    We wear company logo'd shirts at work. Today I had to pick up a few size L, because both the XLs and XXLs hanging in the closet are too big! I can't remember the last time I wore a size L... early high school maybe? (I'm 32)

In early December I spend a few hundred $$ on new jeans and dress clothes. I'm buying 4" smaller waist size pants and they're fitting pretty good, even a little bit loose. At least if I need to "waste" some money, I'd rather spend it on smaller clothes.

Sally is offline Member

a tiny triumph

Normally I don't keep clothing that doesn't fit (either too big or too small) because it's just depressing. And my closet is too small. Every once in awhile there is a favorite something I save just in case.

I re-started primal on Dec 23rd, and today I am happily and *comfortably* wearing some favorite pants that I haven't fit into for more than a year. yay!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    awesome zig!

cool, sally!

primalpilgrim is offline Senior Member
    Bless my dear mother. She bought me new dress shirts for my bday and Christmas. I went from wearing 16 32/33 to 14.5 fitted 32/33. Just this week, my wife had me clean out my closet and we donated 20 shirts and 6 pants to charity.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I just realized that, while I'm not my college or HS weight (one is 10 lb below here I am now, the other is 20), I'm wearing the same size I did in HS and early college and anything I bought in my 3rd and 4th years of college (save my winter coat and a couple peasant blouses) is too big. TAKE THAT, scale!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Rud3d0g is offline Senior Member
    In June I was went from 265 to 280 after quitting smoking. Started primal along with IF and set a goal to get to 220 by April '11.
    Weighed in at 218 on 1-1-11 - 4 months early. My blood pressure was the high 140s over the high 80s - with 2 different meds. Now I am med free and keeping it around 110/75. Was diagnosed with type II diabetes and now insulin resistance is also back to normal. 2010 was such a unreal success for me and I owe a lot of it to the primal lifestyle. 6 months 280 to 218 and a 44 inch waist to a 36 (loose - need to go shopping soon)
    "First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do" - Epictetus

skline2 is offline Senior Member
    Great job rude dog.

Yesterday I finally broke down and got a few pairs of new jeans.

jandge is offline Senior Member
    I did an experiment Friday and found out exactly how much protein/carbs I can consume so my fasting BG is under 80 the next morning.

(Diagnosed with diabetes Oct 15th, 2010 with a hbac1 of 9.1%)

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

San-San is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My rubber boots fit better, still snug but not annoying anymore. Wohoo. Should be interesting to see where this is in 5 months. ;-)